How To Wire Raptor AUX upfitter switches

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Svtcrew

Reaction score
Great thread.

Anyone made one or all of the Aux switches constant hot, no ignition key needed?

Cliff Lohner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just added roughy country fog lights, a single row led bar mounted behind the front grill, and reverse lights. What a mess Ford made. Lol..... My old Raptor sucked trying to get to the wires through the glove box but Ford gave me conflicting info this time. My owners manual says left side is pass through, right side is hot. Then they included a single page attachment printed in 9/2018 saying the left side is hot and right side is pass through. That being printed a year after the owners manual, I assumed that was correct.... Nope, on my 2018 the pass through was on left and hot onnright..... So annoying!!!

Raptorguy1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just added roughy country fog lights, a single row led bar mounted behind the front grill, and reverse lights. What a mess Ford made. Lol..... My old Raptor sucked trying to get to the wires through the glove box but Ford gave me conflicting info this time. My owners manual says left side is pass through, right side is hot. Then they included a single page attachment printed in 9/2018 saying the left side is hot and right side is pass through. That being printed a year after the owners manual, I assumed that was correct.... Nope, on my 2018 the pass through was on left and hot onnright..... So annoying!!!
I felt the same way after reading the owners guide and watching YouTube videos. Recently, Ford sent me a letter with several photos that added even more confusion. I started putting my lights together the other day and will hopefully install them soon. I feel like going to my dealer and asking them to wire them, since Ford made such a mess of this.

Cliff Lohner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I felt the same way after reading the owners guide and watching YouTube videos. Recently, Ford sent me a letter with several photos that added even more confusion. I started putting my lights together the other day and will hopefully install them soon. I feel like going to my dealer and asking them to wire them, since Ford made such a mess of this.
Dude, give it a shot!! You never know....

Paul Matteau

Reaction score
Thank you so much for the thorough write up. The color coding identification helped very much. I also agree about adding a step for the blood loss...look like I got in a fight with a lion when I was done.
As stated before, they should have just continued the wires into the engine bay rather than dead ending them under the glove compartment. Way to small of an area to work in.

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Thank you so much for the thorough write up. The color coding identification helped very much. I also agree about adding a step for the blood loss...look like I got in a fight with a lion when I was done.
As stated before, they should have just continued the wires into the engine bay rather than dead ending them under the glove compartment. Way to small of an area to work in.

That's exactly what they ended up doing on the Gen 2.