How To Wire Raptor AUX upfitter switches

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

vegascarnut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Every time I get in there to wire an accessory, I say "this time I'm going to connect all the pass-through wires so I don't have to do it again..." Then I remember why I never do that. WHAT A PAIN! Can't see, my hands are too big, and Ford was "generous" enough to leave like an inch of wire to work with. Stingy bastards!! GRRR. By the time I get one done my wrists don't have any skin left on them! Got the light bar done this time, and the rear bumper lights. One more switch left to wire! Sort of excited. Next time I'll have to drill and add my own switch, which is almost easier! Haha.

Thanks for this write up though. So much easier to reference it than going back through the book. A+ again!

daddycreswell

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Question.... I installed a light bar this weekend. Wanted to wire it to my last aux switch. Popped open the side panel and all I have left is the red and blue wire. Looking at the OP post those 2 are just pass through wires. How is this possible? I have the brown wire for the parking lights and 2 other sets are wired to 2 sets of led pods. I've attached a picture of the connected wires. Am I missing something? In theory the red and blue wire wouldn't give me any power correct? Then how do the other aux switches work then? 35173576bf09cc246b1332f7dd89269d.jpg

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

vegascarnut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Question.... I installed a light bar this weekend. Wanted to wire it to my last aux switch. Popped open the side panel and all I have left is the red and blue wire. Looking at the OP post those 2 are just pass through wires. How is this possible? I have the brown wire for the parking lights and 2 other sets are wired to 2 sets of led pods. I've attached a picture of the connected wires. Am I missing something? In theory the red and blue wire wouldn't give me any power correct? Then how do the other aux switches work then? 35173576bf09cc246b1332f7dd89269d.jpg

Pretty sure that brown wire on the far right (next to the green and green with brown) is the 4th aux switch. Are you sure that's parking lights? You're looking for a brown wire. It will be the thinnest one, and only carries 10 amps.

daddycreswell

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Pretty sure that brown wire on the far right (next to the green and green with brown) is the 4th aux switch. Are you sure that's parking lights? You're looking for a brown wire. It will be the thinnest one, and only carries 10 amps.
Yea I have the brown wire tapped into the parking lights in aux 4

vegascarnut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea I have the brown wire tapped into the parking lights in aux 4

I guess I misread your question. When you said "last" I thought you meant you wanted to wire your lightbar to the "last" or 4th switch. It looks like you're missing the Purple wire with the Green Tracer. That would be for switch number 3. It's probably tucked back in there.

daddycreswell

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I guess I misread your question. When you said "last" I thought you meant you wanted to wire your lightbar to the "last" or 4th switch. It looks like you're missing the Purple wire with the Green Tracer. That would be for switch number 3. It's probably tucked back in there.
OK, I'll dig a little more and see if I can find it. Thanks.

Ricoman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have a link to instructions or video on how to actually take out the 4 switch Upfitter cluster..My #1 went bad (I think)...so bought a replacement 4 cluster switch...does it just pop out...dont want to be scratching everything up...
Oh..its a Gen1 2014...
Thanks

Riddick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have a link to instructions or video on how to actually take out the 4 switch Upfitter cluster..My #1 went bad (I think)...so bought a replacement 4 cluster switch...does it just pop out...dont want to be scratching everything up...
Oh..its a Gen1 2014...
Thanks

yes. Just pops out. I took one of those trim tools to the front of it.

C4F8DB04-CDB6-47AA-BFA3-12E96F396AB5.jpeg