Wiper Blades

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NASSTY

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I’m contemplating to get either:
bfgoodrich wiper blades
scrubblade
or motorcraft.

what do y’all think I should get?
I just replaced mine yesterday with Motorcrafts from Rock Auto. The originals were still pretty good for 3 year old blades that's why I went with Motorcraft again.

KOBRA2848

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just replaced mine yesterday with Motorcrafts from Rock Auto. The originals were still pretty good for 3 year old blades that's why I went with Motorcraft again.
We’re you able to get the same type? That was my first choice and I ordered two different Motorcraft blades from Rock Auto and neither one was the same as the originals. If so what part number did you order.

Mark

Todd Turbo S

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine are three years old and still working well, although I only have 15,000 miles and we use coating products on my windshield

Reaper308

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Funny...this thread just made me think about some members digging deep in their pockets to purchase some BF Goodrich wiper blades. I don’t recall ever seeing their reviews. They were probably embarrassed they paid an obscene amount of $$.
Nope not embarrassed at all I have purchased 2 since purchasing my truck new in 2018 the originals started streaking probably a year after having the truck I replaced the OEM set with the BFG ones after reading someone’s review on here and decided to try them. I just purchased my second set to replace after this winter due to a slight streak starting on the passenger side but very happy with them, yes twice the price but if that is your hood up you have to be kidding me! Really? They work well and last long but purchase what ever you think is best for your Rap.

RNA352

Reaction score
I went to the dealer to parts shop at my local dealer and the 13 dollar Ford OEM Motorcraft blades are cheap plastic and look nothing like the oem ones that put on the Raptor. Luckily, you can pop the end caps off the old wiper blades and pull the inserts out. I just swapped the inserts and now have new blades in my original factory low profile housings.

Worked pretty good to me and just 26 bucks total.

This is the way I maintain my wipers too. I've never seen a need to replace the whole blade assembly.

Did you get the inserts from Ford?

typecase

Reaction score
Here’s an exploded view with part numbers. https://parts.autonationfordwhitebe...3-5l-v6-gas/body--wiper-and-washer-components Call these guys up to confirm parts for your truck.
I just bought the KLZ3-17528-AA which is the part number from the that diagram but they look nothing like the original blades that came with the truck. Mine has these locking clips and these snap on. Also the "bar" that is in the middle of the wiper is much wider on the original. I'll try to grab a picture if I remember but I'd like to find these exact ones if possible. I ended up returning them.

I have had $6 Michelin’s and $35 super good ones and I found out I would rather replace my $6 ones twice a year for 2.5 years. Winter ice and snow always wears them out faster. I have been happy with the Rain-x solid frame in winter to prevent ice from messing with the metal frames of the Michelin’s. Helps keep the blade against the window better.

I buy 24” blades because if you look at your 22” wipers, there is tons of room for larger blades. Been doing this since my 15 lariat. Just my “Mod” :p

Thanks for this suggestion. I ended up buying these and the 24s work great. At this price, I can afford to replace them twice a year for less than the price for one OEM blade.