Will the EcoBoost come in the Raptor early 2011

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tree

Reaction score
I test drove a FX4 with an Ecoboost this weekend. I has a ton of power. I got 23 miles to the gallon at 60MPH with the A/C on max. Plus I read that if you live at a higher altitude the turbo engine is going do better. I live at 4500 feet above sea level.
The 6.2 is a great engine but for a daily driver I need some mileage. I am going to hold out for a Raptor with an ecoboost.

gcmj45acp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You're going to be holding out for quite a while unless something dramatic happens in the next 12-18 months. I was at a Ford owner even over the weekend and just about the only information I was able to get any of the Ford folks to confirm was no Ecoboost for 2012. That was disappointing to say the least but, I too and holding out hope Ford will surprise us. In the meantime, I'm thoroughly enjoying my Raptor.

gcmj45acp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my 5.4 gets that mileage. the eco is talked up way more than it should have been.

I think, the Ecoboost earns its props and I'd be willing to consider it in a Raptor if it were an option. Keep in mind that while the 5.4 might be getting similar mileage, the Ecoboost is matching or beating the 5.4's fuel economy while providing 55 more horsepower and 55ft-lbs more torque. That torque peak is also happening at 2500rpm in the EcoBoost compared to 3500rpm in the 5.4L. Those numbers are nothing to sneeze at and far from being talked up more than they should be in light of the fact that we're talking about a 3.5L V6 quite literally kicking the ass of a 5.4L V8. I think Ford has done good with this one and in light of coming federal standards, I'd like to see them expand on the EcoBoost technology. Heck, I'm curious to know what would happen if Ford made an EcoBoost version of the new 5.0L engines.