Will the EcoBoost come in the Raptor early 2011

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mayhem

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't expect an ecoboost in a Raptor for people to purchase.... anytime before 2012-2014 if ever at all.

Definately not in 2011.

Would I have liked one ? I would have most likely went that route if it was offered... But I wouldn't trade in on one now that I've already got a Raptor.

I think people trading Raptors on Raptors are crazy !

Now if the Raptors stay in production a while longer, and they start running out of new colors/engines... throwing the ecoboost into the mix wouldn't suprise me. I wouldn't bet on it or wait for it though. Life's too short to bank on a "maybe" like that. Might as well drive a Now Raptor... rather than not drive one, and not live long enough to see the eco as a production Raptor option.

They need to have some cards up their sleeve to entice new buyers later on.. With the Screws / new screen / badges / shifter / etc..... Too many new things available to even admit to the idea of an ecoboost coming. It would murder 2011 sales if Ford confirmed that eco was guaranteed in the near future.

BMart

FRF Resident Artist
Reaction score
Before they announced a SCrew, everyone was saying the same thing. "I would buy one, but they won't make it." With Ford throwing an EB in the Raptor for the Baja 1000 (and kicking a$$ with it) my bet is it will be here in 2012.

IRONMAN

Reaction score
Before they announced a SCrew, everyone was saying the same thing. "I would buy one, but they won't make it." With Ford throwing an EB in the Raptor for the Baja 1000 (and kicking a$$ with it) my bet is it will be here in 2012.

If they put the EB in the Raptor for 2012 I'll buy it.

robmax72

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think it would be nice, but I won't buy one. I'm really happy with mine the way it is. with the exception of some mods after the warranty is done, i'll be in mine for some time.

BMart

FRF Resident Artist
Reaction score
If they put the EB in the Raptor for 2012 I'll buy it.

I'm with you. The improved MPG won't be substantial, but it will help. The EPA has marked it at 16c/22h, but obviously that's not in a Raptor. It would be cool to hear those turbo's spool up when you get on it...:drool:

IRONMAN

Reaction score
I'm with you. The improved MPG won't be substantial, but it will help. The EPA has marked it at 16c/22h, but obviously that's not in a Raptor. It would be cool to hear those turbo's spool up when you get on it...:drool:

And more hp than the 5.4 without sacrificing MPG..:naughty:

SPRSNK

I Void Warranties
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would love to see the 5.0 in the Raptor. Imagine the Boss 302 built engine in this truck. It would be lighter and kick ass.

Banned
Reaction score
Guy I know has a brand new 5.0 FX4 ANC he just loved the new engine over the old 5.4.

Personal preference I guess. I have yet to drive a new f150 so I can't really comment.

whtrapta

Ostrich Wrangler
Reaction score
I love my 5.4. Could the throttle response on the freeway be quicker? ya, but its not a major problem. In town its normal. I have never felt under powered or anything.