Will it fit?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

whtrapta

Ostrich Wrangler
Reaction score
Ya, for now I just use the self wash bays. They are super cheap here. $1 to start gets you 3:40 and every quarter adds 0:45. So you can do a really good wash for like $7. Plus the soapy water is heated really hot so it cuts through the road grime very well.

bfr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After freezing my hands off at the do-it-yourself wash bay a few times...asked at the local no-touch bay. She said they'd had some other Raptors in there already (at least 3 Standard Cabs in town that I know of) and they fit fine. It only has one little tire rocker thingy that you pull your front left tire into which triggers the wash sequence to start. I folded my mirrors in just for good measure. All went well and truck came out looking pretty good.

As for dimensions...spec sheets show the 2010 S Cabs and 2011 models to all be the same:

Track 73.6 in F + R
Width excluding mirrors 86.3 in
Width mirrors out 97.0 in

The S Cab height is 78.5 in
The S Crew height is 78.4 in (or maybe reversed ?)

HARLEY6LF250SDU

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have run 6-7 2011 Raptors through "Touchless" auto car washs all over the country. A couple were close quarters, but as long as the mirrors are folded in and the front fenders clear before the floor switch pad is parked on, you will know if the overhead arms/wash structure will clear.

randy

Kraka

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wash it at home or to a self car wash. Best self one I goto is on gratiot just north of 12mile on the west side by Sherwin Williams.

Have you been to the place between 10 and 11 on Harper. They have some of those touchless bays. I am going to try it out tmrw.

Harper Car Wash -
26300 Harper Avenue,
St. Clair Shores, MI
(586) 773-1660 ‎

SperoCarwash.jpg

IRONMAN

Reaction score
Have you been to the place between 10 and 11 on Harper. They have some of those touchless bays. I am going to try it out tmrw.

Harper Car Wash -
26300 Harper Avenue,
St. Clair Shores, MI
(586) 773-1660 ‎

SperoCarwash.jpg

I have seen it but never been. Let me know what you think.

Kraka

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wound up just going into the do it yourself bay. I am pretty sure it would fit in the auto bay, but I didn't want to risk it. There was an FX4 that went in while I was washing and I guess it didnt seem to have an issues. I will probably go in and measure some things when it warms up a little more.

IRONMAN

Reaction score
I wound up just going into the do it yourself bay. I am pretty sure it would fit in the auto bay, but I didn't want to risk it. There was an FX4 that went in while I was washing and I guess it didnt seem to have an issues. I will probably go in and measure some things when it warms up a little more.

Well he's not 7 inches wider, the cab will fit fine it's just the wheels and fenders.
I'd still rather be safe then sorry.

Mark Ducati

Full Access Member
Reaction score
FWIW, that road rash on your rims is a very minor, and I stress minor sunburn compared to a full blown case of Leprosy!

I glad the service manager is agreeing to buy you new rims, and rightfully so, they are "damaged" and it was their apparent fault with his okay to go through...

I only post this for future road rash problems... $507-ish a rim? That is expensive! There's a place here in Atlanta called "Wheel Wizzards", and another place I know of called "Wheel Dynamics" and "Fast Forward Wheels" in southern California... they can buff those scratches out and make brand new for about $50 bucks a rim!

IF you ever have to pay out of your own pocket, before you pay for a new rim, even if the Rim is bent like this:

BBS_Gold_Mesh_Wheel_Before-176x179.jpg

BBS_Gold_Mesh_Wheel_After.jpg

Wheel_Repair_Damaged_Before2.jpg

Wheel_Repair_Polish_After.jpg

They can be fixed... there are a lot of wheel shops like this across the country that can fix for cheaper than a new rim.

Getting a little off topic... but Fast Forward Wheels Custom Wheel Refinishing and Repairs also paints calipers very well:

caliper_prowler_plymouth2-270x193.jpg

brake_caliper_porsche_red-diamond.jpg

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Up in College Station, my buddy takes his Raptor through our automatic car wash that is wide enough for a dually to fit. So if you can find a car wash like that, you should have no problem.

Waya

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good to know, I always hand wash my rigs however. I still can't get over how wide this truck is.

Whats with the guy in the video saying, around 7:47, that the Raptor isn't for rock crawling and if you want to crawl get a Dodge Power Wagon?!

Screw not going rock crawling. Might be tight in spaces and you might get some good ol fasion backwoods pinstrip but mine crawls just fine. Just gotta be carefull and walk it out. Will be much better once i have my ADD stealth installed to take the impacts.