Will it fit?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BDRAG

HAhahaaaa.
Reaction score
Every now and then I like to take the Truck or car to a local automatic / drivethrough car wash. My FX4 fits just fine as it is dragged along the track and the Vett kinda side saddles its way through due to the rear stagger being wider than the front. The reason I take it there is the interior job they do. I mean they use air blowers to clean everything, vents , radio, door handles, everything and do the same outside so whn ya drive off there are only a few water spots to wipe off when ya get home. Its $20 and they spend an hour on your ride.

So will this W I D E ass Raptor still make it through an automatic car wash set up? I hope so. I am F A T and lazy.......
BDRAG

delt530

U.S. Army Captain
Reaction score
Not the best video of a raptor, but a guy drives a raptor into the auto car wash. I know the type of place you are talking about, and my old f-150 fit fine, but 7 inches wider has to be an issue.

Last edited:

BOJANGLES

<span style="color: red;"><b>Administrator</b></sp
Supporting Member
Reaction score
BDRAG, I take mine through an automatic car wash all the time. The key is to be selective about the washing bay you use. Although there are seemingly hundreds of those places in my city, I only go to 2 that Ive found and trust. They are both newer facilities.

First and foremost, I ONLY go to the touchless kind.... I figure that not having spinning rollers touching my truck is a good thing for several reasons. Secondly, I won't even think about taking my truck through one that has any type of track device along the floor. The Raptor is too wide for most if not all of those. Therefore I look for bays where the only thing on the floor is a drain. I also avoid some of the newer ones that have tire brushes right before the drying cycle, as those just look like something expensive to run over.

If you can find a touchless & trackless bay like the ones I'm describing, you should be good to go. Remember, your primary concern is width, if your mirrors will fit (before you fold them in) and you don't see anything you're likely to run over, then you should be fine, but if you're still concerned or not sure, take a tape measurer with you.

I run mine through one of those at least twice a month, and I've never had a problem.

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
the mirrors on the Raptor aren't so much the issue as the body width its self and the wheel track. a newer facility(like one near my house) will be able to accommodate the Raptor no problem...it's not like it's that much bigger than a standard f-250. the best thing to do is ask the attendant....if there's any damage you have a leg to stand on.

BOJANGLES

<span style="color: red;"><b>Administrator</b></sp
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the mirrors on the Raptor aren't so much the issue as the body width its self and the wheel track. a newer facility(like one near my house) will be able to accommodate the Raptor no problem...it's not like it's that much bigger than a standard f-250. the best thing to do is ask the attendant....if there's any damage you have a leg to stand on.

I'm not suggesting the mirrors are the problem.
What I meant is that they make an excellent measuring device to see if your Raptor will fit into the entrance properly, being that they are wider than the fenders. When you're pulling up, if it feels like your mirrors will fit, then you can go ahead and start entering.
As for the wheel track, if you can find a bay that has no equipment on the floor like I have, then you're home free.

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
I'm not suggesting the mirrors are the problem.
What I meant is that they make an excellent measuring device to see if your Raptor will fit into the entrance properly, being that they are wider than the fenders. When you're pulling up, if it feels like your mirrors will fit, then you can go ahead and start entering.
As for the wheel track, if you can find a bay that has no equipment on the floor like I have, then you're home free.

i wasn't talking to you, pizza face.

OP
OP
BDRAG

BDRAG

HAhahaaaa.
Reaction score
Well I knew most of those. I will have to do a slow drive by the carwash and see. As far as parking, my wife has always busted my balls because I will NOT just park anywhere. Now she is REALLY gonna bitch! HAhahaaaaaaa.

BDRAG

Shaggy

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Not the best video of a raptor, but a guy drives a raptor into the auto car wash. I know the type of place you are talking about, and my old f-150 fit fine, but 7 inches wider has to be an issue.

With the youtube embedding. All you have to do is copy the url of the video and paste it in the thread. No need to do the {yt}{/yt} anymore :D

fostercd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Damage to Raptor Rims at Carwash..

So down here in Laredo we had a cold week (like most of the US) and my raptor was looking dirty. All the local car washes were closed due to pipes bursting etc etc, however the jiffy lube automatic car was was open. I asked the service manager if my truck was ok to go through/fit in the car wash. He informed me that there is another raptor and that it goes through all the time just fine. I entered the car wash fine, the truck was washed fine, however upon leaving the truck seemed stuck. I gave it a little gas and was able to leave, but became worried about the tires being scratched or worn. I then noticed metal shavings around the outside of my tire. Luckily the service manager was there to witness the entire thing, so he says they will replace my rims of my truck. (Called FORD and the cost is 507 ish per rim). Damage was only to the back two rims. Just a warning stay away from car washes with a track. I guess my 2011 Super Crew Raptor is a little wider than the 2010 Super Cab. Pics below.

So Today I went to relive some frustrations by taking my Raptor out. I took to a gravel ranch road and went an average of 70 I would say. I know not to impressive but I am working on it. I will post some videos of my attempting to jump it off some bumps. No damage done on that trip, however did get a rock in my windshield on the way home in the city... FML....

The jumps I tried today can be found here...

http://www.youtube.com/user/americanpsyco5

Attachments

• DSC06476.jpg
    DSC06476.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 95
  • DSC06474.jpg
    DSC06474.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 86
  • DSC06473.jpg
    DSC06473.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 76
Last edited: