Wiggle? or shake?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Afternoon Yall,

Trying to figure out if this is normal, or if im in need of replacing something-

Cruising speed on the freeway & rolling over a small pothole or rather a "filled" in pothole, or just like an uneven sunken surface the truck shuffles/wobbles. Its definitely a surprising feeling that almost makes you feel as though you're losing control or that your going to swerve into the other lane (as we know how wide our trucks are) its not that hard to cross a line on the highway.

Any ideas? or is this normal.

Thanks yall!

I got a 2019 if that helps any. 50k on the odo

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
I had the same experience with manhole covers on US1. Some would be slightly higher than pavement, some a couple inches lower. When the rear would hit them on one side, the truck’s rear would get unsettled. My torque arm helped this but did not get rid of it. I suspect traction bars and a couple common band aids like different leaf springs might mask the issue, but I can’t comment on those. To clarify- the front handles the bumps just fine. When the rear hits them it gets a little unsettled and then recovers.

I would definitely put eyes on the lug nuts, check tire pressures, and get some eyes underneath to check for anything obvious.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Afternoon Yall,

Trying to figure out if this is normal, or if im in need of replacing something-

Cruising speed on the freeway & rolling over a small pothole or rather a "filled" in pothole, or just like an uneven sunken surface the truck shuffles/wobbles. Its definitely a surprising feeling that almost makes you feel as though you're losing control or that your going to swerve into the other lane (as we know how wide our trucks are) its not that hard to cross a line on the highway.

Any ideas? or is this normal.

Thanks yall!

I got a 2019 if that helps any. 50k on the odo
Depending on how it was used by the previous owner, at 50k it may be time for a shock rebuild. Is everything on the suspension stock?

NickW

Reaction score
I have the exact problem you are describing. Replaced my shocks. Only a very small improvement. I've ordered leaf springs as I'm on the original shit ones from the factory. I'm confident this is the issue for me, maybe it's the same for you if you're still on stock leaf springs.

Alysium

Full Access Member
Reaction score
there's a section on the fast lane past of orangethorphe northbound on SR-57 that has a very obvious bump that shakes and unsettles my 2020 whenever I go over it. it has been that way with my truck ever since I got it new all the way to now with icons and eibach springs.

but everyone has really good suggestions that you should check and go over with.

Reaction score
Do the Deaver (or any other AM) leaf springs make that much of a difference from factory ones if they are still in good shape (less than 8k miles)? I've been curious about the unsettled rear going over bumps around corners for a long time now and didn't know if anything could be done or if it was just a function of having a light ass.