Wide body build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
Looks like a life size RC Truck. @zombiekiller is a good guy to take advice from. Outside of doing a full back half he's changed just about everything on his truck to perform better off road
I fight the urge to link it daily, then I remember the 40 grand a full cage and rear link setup will cost me (if I'm lucky) and figure that my truck works pretty damn good as it sits.

OP
OP
Peter Michael

Peter Michael

Reaction score
Looks like a life size RC Truck. @zombiekiller is a good guy to take advice from. Outside of doing a full back half he's changed just about everything on his truck to perform better off road

That’s what i love about the forums... if you’re gonna put it out there you better get ready to deal with the smack talkin... but Also be man enough to know and accept good advice at the same time.. @zombiekiller has given me awesome advice so far and I’m grateful. And yes i saw a traxass raptor shell and thought it looked amazing but also had to deal with the fact that i didn’t want a prerunner as my daily driver.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pacific Wheel

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
That’s what i love about the forums... if you’re gonna put it out there you better get ready to deal with the smack talkin... but Also be man enough to know and accept good advice at the same time.. @zombiekiller has given me awesome advice so far and I’m grateful. And yes i saw a traxass raptor shell and thought it looked amazing but also had to deal with the fact that i didn’t want a prerunner as my daily driver.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You'll never please everyone on the forums. That's for sure.

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
You’re absolutely right on the 40k.

You dont want to hear the top end price that i've gotten.

I completely understand the cost of skilled labor. I also get that safety costs money and you should spend based on what you value your life at.

but with most prices for a full cage + rear 4 link with all of the trimmings, I don't feel like what performance I'd get is worth the 60-70K it would cost.

I do plan on doing a full interior cage, but I'll skip the 4 link.

oxfordraptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You dont want to hear the top end price that i've gotten.

I completely understand the cost of skilled labor. I also get that safety costs money and you should spend based on what you value your life at.

but with most prices for a full cage + rear 4 link with all of the trimmings, I don't feel like what performance I'd get is worth the 60-70K it would cost.

I do plan on doing a full interior cage, but I'll skip the 4 link.

Yup same quote roughly I got. I mean it would be dope, but can’t justify the cost.