Wide body build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hawaiian Time

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Truck looks great, love the size of those tires! You got a real Tonka there. I would pass on the lime green accents but to each his own. It definetely adds some Flash! Everything looks functional. GREAT JOB! You pushed the envelope.

Nice to see a cool SCAB Mod too. Not as many out there. The Raptor "Coupe".

Aloha, HT

Last edited:

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
Can’t wait to see that. And yes once suspension is done I’ll update. I’ll take the criticism because yours is positive and will only make for a better build. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In all honesty, I'd love to see your truck get to the point where you can "send it" without doing damage. every time someone pushes the envelope to make something that everyone said wouldn't actually work, it helps everyone else that will come after them build their truck without having to be "first". I also do not want to see your dream truck fly into pieces the first time you do push it a little.

The biggest challenge I think you'll have is creating enough clearance to stuff those tires and wheels if the steering wheel is anything but straight. you may have to set your ride height tall, rob a little down travel and add bump cans to the front of the truck to keep the tires out of the bodywork ( and most importantly, the headlights).

some people have the demeanor to be "first", but it isn't easy. Stick with it, it does pay off.

Guess what? about 50 people have laughed at me when i've said " I'm putting 40s on a gen2 and I'm going to cycle 17" in the front, and over 20" in the rear. "

It is one thing to hack the frame off, link the truck, cut all the front suspension off, rebuild it from scratch to get the result. ( think the deberti raptor)

I'm using a bolt-on front kit and a leaf spring rear. I also have every plan of continuing to ride the hell out of a truck that everyone says is "too nice to wheel that hard" .

Do you, have fun, push the envelope and build your dream. :cool:

Bhollier

FRF Addict
Reaction score
@Peter Michael, what all are you doing to your suspension. I agree with @zombiekiller with his advice on the suspension upgrades. Depending on what all you are doing you might want to invest in a few upgrades before you rip off those nice fenders. I know for mine even with 37's and a lift I tore off my passenger rear fender and rubbed my front fenders a lot before a lot of upgrades. I now have a +2 Deavers, 4in lift, King 3.0 triple bypass on the rear and King 3.0 Coilovers with a custom 4in lift on the front (along with all the other upgrades on the front, UCA's, tie rods, etc.) no issues with rubbing anymore. No dunes or anything to jump in my region, just a few nice railroad crossings on our farm. Good luck with the build, liking the hood you went with. Is it functional?

marcm

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Let the haters hate you'll never please the "purists". I love the wide stance!! My new 2019 is in the shop now getting much the same done I'll post in a few weeks).