Why would oil show up by oil cap or AFE intake?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
infinitereality

infinitereality

SLC IR/8
Reaction score
After looking again, mine could be the PCV not operating properly since it's only coming out of that tube. My breather tube is fine though, least as of now. Both have clamps now.

Dane

FRF Addict
Reaction score
After looking again, mine could be the PCV not operating properly since it's only coming out of that tube. My breather tube is fine though, least as of now. Both have clamps now.

AFE literally JUST called me. They suspect the PCV valve in my case too.

So, the choice. I realize it's a simple part, but my truck IS still under factory warranty and I have an oil change due soon. Do I attempt to have the dealer fix it or just throw in a new valve myself? I'm not sure if the dealer will be fussy about the AFE or not.

Yes, I know a PCV valve is cheap and easy (insert 'your mom' joke here). Of course, a warranty is nice too.

OP
OP
infinitereality

infinitereality

SLC IR/8
Reaction score
Talk about random! Depending on dealership, they could fuss about the AFE. If a PCV is cheap, I'd just swap it out myself. If you ordered it online and had in hand, probably can be done before you could drive to the dealership. Just my thoughts, some stuff isn't worth the hoops you may have to jump thru for replacement.

Now on to find a part number for the PCV and see what they actually do cost!

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Warranty will most likely be void on an aftermarket CAI.

Just a note, I far as my 2010 6.2L goes I don't have PCV valves on either side, the valve covers have a baffle plate built in, that's all I see.

Dane

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Warranty will most likely be void on an aftermarket CAI.

Just a note, I far as my 2010 6.2L goes I don't have PCV valves on either side, the valve covers have a baffle plate built in, that's all I see.

I'm pretty sure there's a PCV valve on the first picture I posted on page 1. Dealer up the street has one for $13. I'll probably just go snag it and throw it in myself. Not worth the hassle.

OP
OP
infinitereality

infinitereality

SLC IR/8
Reaction score
For $13, I'm just going to throw a new one it. That's the Ford one too, just up the street from my work.

Happen to have a part number handy or link to one?? I've been lazy since I replied earlier. I definitely would appreciate it and get one on order!!! :)

THANKS!

Dane

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Happen to have a part number handy or link to one?? I've been lazy since I replied earlier. I definitely would appreciate it and get one on order!!! :)

THANKS!

I don't, I just asked for the PCV valve for a '12 Raptor. I'm heading up there in a few though and I think the part # will be on the box. I'll post it after I get home with it.