Why does everyone hate the B&O stereo?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

goblues38

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I’ve read all these responses and not once did anyone mention that the system is not actually Bang & Olufsen.

In Audi’s, BMW’s, etc you are getting a true Bang & Olufsen system with actual Bang & Olufsen drivers.

In F150’s, Raptors, and Expeditions, you are getting B&O Play. NOT Bang & Olufsen. B&O Play is a completely different line and completely different brand. The B&O Play brand was originally introduced as a more budget-friendly offering for headphones and speakers.

Today, the brands have since merged but when our trucks were built, B&O Play was entirely separate of Bang & Olufsen. Keep in mind, just because they merged, even the 2020’s are produced with the B&O Play System.

pretty sure we covered that on page 3 :)
it is a name, that is marketed. I can assure you...B&O did none of the engineering to this system.....they just licensed their name. And should be ashamed of it.

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
THAT'S IT! I'M DEMANDING FORD TAKE THIS TRUCK BACK!!! I paid for real B&O!!!

I got to test run my sub enclosure today with the polyfill and FatMat installed. At medium levels like I use, with the windows up & A/C on, it sounds good. It's much fuller sounding now. A definite improvement, it sounds as if I was able to crank the bass up several steps. For $30 and some time it's a no brainer for me. I can't believe how much weight the FatMat added to the sub enclosure.

Last edited:

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score

lawdog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ford states directly in their brochure they offer the “B&O Play sound system” not “Bang & Olufsen”. I don’t think anyone was hiding anything. People just read B&O and forget the “play” portion.

2dfeec5f34da7e0b287d96b16b97cc8d.jpg

Except none of the speakers/drivers are actually B&O/B&O Play/Harman, etc., and you know that. They are the same cheap paper FoMoCo crap from China or Vietnam. The only thing I'm not sure about is the white-surround sub driver.

If you asked 100 people what kind of speaker they thought was under a B&O grille, I bet 99 would say B&O. It's misleading, at best. B&O licensed the name and they (Harman) apparently had input on tuning it, but that's it.

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Took a ride tonight spending some time listening to tunes. I have to say doing the Fat Mat and Polyfill mod to the sub made a HUGE difference. I had Springsteen's "Wrecking Ball" playing on USB and it has an extra strong drum track on a few songs. NOW it sounds like I actually have a sub in my truck. It's not going to blow anyone's hair around, but it sounds good. It has a nice full sound now. Night and day difference, a no brainer for a $32 investment!

BroncoAZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ordered a Scab 802A. Does it come with a factory sub, under the seat or behind the seat? and if so can someone post a picture? I'm trying to plan out how I'm going to setup things in the cab vs the bed and a speaker enclosure will potentially make a difference.

Donmatteo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Took a ride tonight spending some time listening to tunes. I have to say doing the Fat Mat and Polyfill mod to the sub made a HUGE difference. I had Springsteen's "Wrecking Ball" playing on USB and it has an extra strong drum track on a few songs. NOW it sounds like I actually have a sub in my truck. It's not going to blow anyone's hair around, but it sounds good. It has a nice full sound now. Night and day difference, a no brainer for a $32 investment!

if you remove the door panels and put some dynamat in there too, it will make the door sound like a bank vault and help with road noise and help the speakers out too.