Why does everyone hate the B&O stereo?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dhmcfadin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ve read all these responses and not once did anyone mention that the system is not actually Bang & Olufsen.

In Audi’s, BMW’s, etc you are getting a true Bang & Olufsen system with actual Bang & Olufsen drivers.

In F150’s, Raptors, and Expeditions, you are getting B&O Play. NOT Bang & Olufsen. B&O Play is a completely different line and completely different brand. The B&O Play brand was originally introduced as a more budget-friendly offering for headphones and speakers.

Today, the brands have since merged but when our trucks were built, B&O Play was entirely separate of Bang & Olufsen. Keep in mind, just because they merged, even the 2020’s are produced with the B&O Play System.

OP
OP
911 Crazy

911 Crazy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’ve read all these responses and not once did anyone mention that the system is not actually Bang & Olufsen.

In Audi’s, BMW’s, etc you are getting a true Bang & Olufsen system with actual Bang & Olufsen drivers.

In F150’s, Raptors, and Expeditions, you are getting B&O Play. NOT Bang & Olufsen. B&O Play is a completely different line and completely different brand. The B&O Play brand was originally introduced as a more budget-friendly offering for headphones and speakers.

Today, the brands have since merged but when our trucks were built, B&O Play was entirely separate of Bang & Olufsen. Keep in mind, just because they merged, even the 2020’s are produced with the B&O Play System.

Have never heard that before now. Thanks for the education!

hedonist222

Full Access Member
Reaction score

heh

thats what I presumed in my post on this thread

not.a.real.bang&olufsen

just milking the brand name

shame on you, Ford

dhmcfadin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
heh

thats what I presumed in my post on this thread

not.a.real.bang&olufsen

just milking the brand name

shame on you, Ford
Ford states directly in their brochure they offer the “B&O Play sound system” not “Bang & Olufsen”. I don’t think anyone was hiding anything. People just read B&O and forget the “play” portion.

2dfeec5f34da7e0b287d96b16b97cc8d.jpg

jamanrr

FRF Addict
Reaction score
the headphones line is called BEO play, I am not sure if it is the same thing. I never really knew the difference other than their ear pieces kept falling out of my ears. I ended up selling them and getting something different.

Not much difference from the Sony system to the B&O system to me, I actually think maybe the Sony system was better. Didn't some early 2017s come with Sony setups.

OP
OP
911 Crazy

911 Crazy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the headphones line is called BEO play, I am not sure if it is the same thing. I never really knew the difference other than their ear pieces kept falling out of my ears. I ended up selling them and getting something different.

Not much difference from the Sony system to the B&O system to me, I actually think maybe the Sony system was better. Didn't some early 2017s come with Sony setups.

Go back to your Subaru and quit trolling! It's B&O. Read the title, not the web address.

https://www.facebook.com/beoplay

hedonist222

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ford states directly in their brochure they offer the “B&O Play sound system” not “Bang & Olufsen”. I don’t think anyone was hiding anything. People just read B&O and forget the “play” portion.

2dfeec5f34da7e0b287d96b16b97cc8d.jpg

I didn't say they hid it

I said they milked the B&O brand name and used subpar B&O-grade components