Why does everyone hate the B&O stereo?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jamanrr

FRF Addict
Reaction score

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
The Traxx system is a huge improvement over the previous Elite system.Yes Its more expensive with benefits though,the quality and how high you can raise the volume makes a big difference to me when driving.

The experience I had was in a UTV, so in your case it might be a bit quieter.

I would also recommend trying both setup's before pulling the trigger, if you haven't yet.

I have tried the standard pci set ups.

My issue is, If I wire my helmet for a trax, I'll need to have a different helmet with different wiring so it works in a race truck. Not really sold on the additional expense.

goblues38

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Nothing sounds as good as the 2 shaft Alpine cassette, i worked all summer for in 1987 and put in my moms Pinto. Same stereo i busted my *** for now resides in my 1979 10 anniversary Trans am

View attachment 145141

View attachment 145142

View attachment 145145

View attachment 145147

I took my drivers test in my brothers 1979 Trans Am...in 1987.

You could put a pair of 6x9's in the back deck that would crank and have great base. that small trucnk was a natural encloser.

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I got done putting the FatMat on my sub enclosure and stuffed it with poly-fill tonight. No wonder that stuff can make a difference! My box went from around a 3/4 lb cheap feeling plastic box to 6 1/5 lbs without the speaker and it feels like you could beat someone to death with it now. I never used sound deadener sheets before and was really shocked at how solid and heavy that little plastic box is when you're done. It feels like I dipped it in lead. I'm anxious to get it reinstalled tomorrow and see how it sounds. Pretty easy to do, but definitely time consuming to do a nice job.

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
I got a nice deal on some Morel tweeters and front door speakers from @Hush Car Audio , and put them in over the weekend.It was easy and took a couple hours. It's like the factory speakers had someone holding their hand over them, then took the hand away with the new ones. Pretty amazing.
The factory sub still sucks though, and I wrapped it in dynomat right after I bought the truck. I think a lot of my problem is from using XM radio all the time, some channels or songs have zero bass, others could screw up a free ********.