Why didn't Ford make this for the Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fred

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That is cool technology...

I guess the question, like the article states: The cost of the paint has not been revealed – or how long its repellant features lasts before needing a re-coat (Scratch Shield lasts around 3 years).

Still sounds really cool!

keatonskidmore

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That is cool technology...

I guess the question, like the article states: The cost of the paint has not been revealed – or how long its repellant features lasts before needing a re-coat (Scratch Shield lasts around 3 years).

Still sounds really cool!

I have a feeling the scratch shield wouldn't make it a year with most people on here..

amphibian

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There's a number of those super hydrophobic nano coatings on the market, neverwet is another one that got picked up my rustoleum among others, they're used from everything from non skid surfaces on boats, to ketchup bottle insides to you name it. Most of them are very expensive. Even the best ones I've seen require periodic re-application for it to maintain its effectiveness.

I bought some a couple years ago to play with on my sailboat that I race, fun stuff but I'm pretty sure the hydrophobic qualities have totally worn off of everything I put it on now.

Last edited: