Who's letting investments pay for their truck??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shane361

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Damn you guys been busy posting. Have not dove into the forum topics. Is this a RAPTOR TRUCK ONLY OR *** or are there not subtopics to discuss other aspects of life? I think one of the reasons SVTP is probably the biggest forum on earth is because we can discuss everything under the sun as long as you stay within that topic's forum. Think we discuss Politics more than anything else, lol.

desertfox73

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, a fund covering the s&p 500 would make 10% per year historically. so it really doesn't take much knowledge to get into at all.

Starting with 50k theoretically you'd have 80,525.50 after 5 years at 10% per year.
^^This. I have a 'fun fund' that is purely invested in VFIAX, Vanguard Index Fund. Mirrors the S&P. Just looked at the annual returns, the last year it has gained 34% in value.

That fund alone drives my car purchases, and has allowed me to make 4 vehicle purchases in the last year. Won't always be that way, but when it works it sure is fun.

OP
OP
R

Raptorbegone

Reaction score
^^This. I have a 'fun fund' that is purely invested in VFIAX, Vanguard Index Fund. Mirrors the S&P. Just looked at the annual returns, the last year it has gained 34% in value.

That fund alone drives my car purchases, and has allowed me to make 4 vehicle purchases in the last year. Won't always be that way, but when it works it sure is fun.
This guy has the idea. Good on you. Exactly what I'm talking about. Fund those toys while doing nothing. Can't beat it.

aalonso

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For those lucky enough to have some money already who has invested their money with the specific intention of letting that grow and pay off their truck, instead of just buying cash?

At least if my money is at work making me more money then the interest is negligible on that loan. And what 50k can make over 5-6 years can put a heavy dent in the price of a new truck, and in some cases make much much more. So basically you are buying new vehicles with extra money you didn't really have to work to make. love it!!

Personally, I'll never pay off a vehicle early again.

Stocks?
Crypto?

Curious to know what your angle is??

The whole point of this post is how are you helping yourself first, before helping Ford sell more trucks that are priced too highly to begin with
I am old school!! I work hard, then save hard, then purchase a new Raptor every 4-5 years and pay for it in cash!! I could careless about investment vehicles and all of that financial jargon!

OP
OP
R

Raptorbegone

Reaction score
This all sounds great when the market only goes up, but don't forget that when the market took a hit in 2000, it was 15 years before the Nasdaq returned to where it was before the hit occurred.

I am old school!! I work hard, then save hard, then purchase a new Raptor every 4-5 years and pay for it in cash!! I could careless about investment vehicles and all of that financial jargon!

wow. no attempt whatsoever to invest in anything but a depreciating asset every 4-5 years. Hey this is America, have at it. You only live once right.

That right there is why the middle class is dying.

Warren Buffet is pretty old school too. But no reason to take that dudes advice. blasphemy

Last edited:
OP
OP
R

Raptorbegone

Reaction score
This all sounds great when the market only goes up, but don't forget that when the market took a hit in 2000, it was 15 years before the Nasdaq returned to where it was before the hit occurred.
Exactly why it is said there are no guarantees short term.

you also don't mention the market TRIPLED from 1995 to 2000.

HOWEVER

it is 100% guaranteed fact that the market goes up over time. yes there are hiccups along the way.

It is also notable to mention that downturn went from Sept of 2000 all the way down to it's bottom in Sept of 2002. If you didn't pull your money out during that time you would have been a fool. And if you did. you could have gotten back in the market after it hit bottom, and rode it up again.

Which brings up my next talking point.

ALWAYS SET A STOP LOSS

I prefer 20% on any investment.

If you don't know what that is, it means if whatever you are invested in goes down 20% you sell, take a step back and see what the market does from there. There is no glory in watching an investment go down 60%.

WORTH LOOKING AT

Last edited:
OP
OP
R

Raptorbegone

Reaction score
Loving the responses on this!!!

Again, this is America. Do what you like with your money.
But maybe some out there want a little more and not have to break their back to get it.

So perhaps take a page from all those rich jack offs out there. Because they ain't busting *** for their dollars.

CodeOrangeGen3

Reaction score
For those lucky enough to have some money already who has invested their money with the specific intention of letting that grow and pay off their truck, instead of just buying cash?

At least if my money is at work making me more money then the interest is negligible on that loan. And what 50k can make over 5-6 years can put a heavy dent in the price of a new truck, and in some cases make much much more. So basically you are buying new vehicles with extra money you didn't really have to work to make. love it!!

Personally, I'll never pay off a vehicle early again.

Stocks?
Crypto?

Curious to know what your angle is??

The whole point of this post is how are you helping yourself first, before helping Ford sell more trucks that are priced too highly to begin with
100% agree. I laugh at all the poeple telling us we're idiots for financing. My investments earn a minimum of 9% up to many multiples higher. I'll pu those funds to work all day while I send it!

Status
Not open for further replies.