Who's letting investments pay for their truck??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raptorbegone

Reaction score
For those lucky enough to have some money already who has invested their money with the specific intention of letting that grow and pay off their truck, instead of just buying cash?

At least if my money is at work making me more money then the interest is negligible on that loan. And what 50k can make over 5-6 years can put a heavy dent in the price of a new truck, and in some cases make much much more. So basically you are buying new vehicles with extra money you didn't really have to work to make. love it!!

Personally, I'll never pay off a vehicle early again.

Stocks?
Crypto?

Curious to know what your angle is??

The whole point of this post is how are you helping yourself first, before helping Ford sell more trucks that are priced too highly to begin with

Last edited:

RaptorWhoSaysNI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have had my Raptor funds strategically allocated to investments that are taking good care of my capital. Of course there are risks associated with these investments, but if you do your homework and have conviction behind what you are buying you should be able to reduce your risk a bit. Not easy to do and takes a lot of time to learn. I'm in both stocks and crypto.

OP
OP
R

Raptorbegone

Reaction score
Well, a fund covering the s&p 500 would make 10% per year historically. so it really doesn't take much knowledge to get into at all.

Starting with 50k theoretically you'd have 80,525.50 after 5 years at 10% per year.

And that is a very conservative investment.

Then there is something like bitcoin that went up 200%+ in the last year alone. very nice!!

Way better than the typical American thing where we all need a new vehicle every 3 years and there is always a payment on it.

If one was smart you'd never have to buy a vehicle again after an initial investment

RaptorWhoSaysNI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, a fund covering the s&p 500 would make 10% per year historically. so it really doesn't take much knowledge to get into at all.

Starting with 50k theoretically you'd have 80,525.50 after 5 years at 10% per year.

And that is a very conservative investment.

Then there is something like bitcoin that went up 200%+ in the last year alone. very nice!!

Way better than the typical American thing where we all need a new vehicle every 3 years and there is always a payment on it.

If one was smart you'd never have to buy a vehicle again after an initial investment
I have about 10-15% of my investable cash in index funds but I have been able to achieve alpha well above the overall market returns by investing in individual stocks. For example: Feb of 2020 I bought Moderna (MRNA) @ $22 and it's currently around $416, in 2015 I bought Veeva Systems (VEEV) also @ $22 and it's currently around $310. Those are just a few of the gems I was lucky enough to find. I found these companies before any big Wall Street analysts/institutions started covering or investing in them. I also have worked as an equity analyst so I know what to look for and where to look to find these gems. I attached a pic with the current gains in my stock portfolio, doesn't include crypto. Notice there is some red, can't have all winners all the time.

Attachments

• IMG_8392.jpg
    IMG_8392.jpg
    189.6 KB · Views: 108

RogueClimber

Agent Orange
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Who is this guy “Investments”???

I’ll gladly let him pay for my truck :cool:

Although I don’t have an account specifically for my truck I will do a loan simply because my credit report says I need more varied debts (I have no debt other than my paid off monthly credit card). So I guess that means my money can still be working for me while I have a monthly payment on the truck

Status
Not open for further replies.