Who's letting investments pay for their truck??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shane361

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'd take any insight financially I can get. I have about 16K in Crypto, mostly ETH, BTC, ADA, Doge, VTHO and a few others. I have my Military Retirement in Vanguard and Bosch my current employer is Fidelity. I also play around in my Brokerage account through Fidelity.
As far as my $83,200 Raptor on order I have 17K positive equity in my current 18 F150, $34k from the Mustang I just sold and a 1.78% loan for the remainder. Just a retired Military Guy on his 2nd career making about $30 an hour.

rewtraw

Reaction score
I'd take any insight financially I can get. I have about 16K in Crypto, mostly ETH, BTC, ADA, Doge, VTHO and a few others. I have my Military Retirement in Vanguard and Bosch my current employer is Fidelity. I also play around in my Brokerage account through Fidelity.
As far as my $83,200 Raptor on order I have 17K positive equity in my current 18 F150, $34k from the Mustang I just sold and a 1.78% loan for the remainder. Just a retired Military Guy on his 2nd career making about $30 an hour.

$83k is a lot to spend on anything @ $30/hr, but you have cash from the trade in and Mustang which helps.

Of course, a Raptor isn't just "a car", it can be a hobby/lifestyle as well -- assuming you're actually taking it out on adventures and not just mall crawling.

If you are just mall crawling, you should rethink spending 1.5x your annual income on a vehicle... but 1.78% fantastic. Assuming you're comfortable with your income, have no debt, etc. its a splurge on a toy and hard to quantify that.

Regardless, hang onto ETH, and it should be the largest % of your crypto holdings for long term. I'd drop ADA for more ETH personally, but ADA might see short term higher gains (but it will not last long term).

OP
OP
R

Raptorbegone

Reaction score
$83k is a lot to spend on anything @ $30/hr, but you have cash from the trade in and Mustang which helps.

Of course, a Raptor isn't just "a car", it can be a hobby/lifestyle as well -- assuming you're actually taking it out on adventures and not just mall crawling.

If you are just mall crawling, you should rethink spending 1.5x your annual income on a vehicle... but 1.78% fantastic. Assuming you're comfortable with your income, have no debt, etc. its a splurge on a toy and hard to quantify that.

Regardless, hang onto ETH, and it should be the largest % of your crypto holdings for long term. I'd drop ADA for more ETH personally, but ADA might see short term higher gains (but it will not last long term).
I like crypto a lot for an overall part of someones investments.

But no one knows what will go up or down. not you or anyone else. diversification is key

lfc raptor

Reaction score

But no one knows what will go up or down. not you or anyone else. diversification is key

Raptorbegone - This is a forum for Raptor truck enthusiasts. If you want to discuss Finances and Investments i suggest you drop from this forum and go join the Financial Times forum or similar. We come on this forum to share fun stories related to the Raptor truck not for financial or investment advice.

Shane361

FRF Addict
Reaction score

ETH is 80% of my holdings, it's staked. I am a firm believer in ETH. I have 50.00 a week drafted to BTC. Think I should go straight to ETH with that instead? About to invest about 50K in ASML if you have any opinions on that. Yeah 83K with no downpayment would be extremely high for $30 an hour, but not 34k as you mentioned. My monthly $2100 mortgage and $600 truck payment are paid for, no worries there. My $30 an hour is investments and toys. My wife pays all the utilities so that's a bonus.

Last edited:

ganooch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just advice from another Veteran. I would be cautious with any financial advise offered anonymously on a pickup truck forum. I would do your own research, read financial publications from people with real credentials, and focus on the classic investment advice. Diverisify. Crypto is great for speculation, but anyone telling you they know which assets will appreciate fastest is just making stuff up.

Good luck and thank you for your service.

Status
Not open for further replies.