Who is waiting for a 2024 Raptor?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Aleja_333

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree that the 24s looks horrible.
I would prefer a 21 or 22 because of the added options.
Is it crazy to buy new because of Raptor Assault? Something I’ve wanted to do for awhile now..
Just crazy Ford is charging more for less.

It depends how much you value the added options vs Raptor assault. I was bummed that wasn't going to be able to do the Assault because I didn't buy it new, but that is a short term experience vs. living with the truck day to day without having those other options.

It bothers me somewhat that Ford doesn't allow you to participate in the Assault if you buy a used truck. To me, as long as the truck is within that first year and the VIN has never been registered to do the Assault, I don't see why you shouldn't be able to participate. Especially when there are dealers that drive a new truck for a couple of hundred miles and then sell it as used for whatever price they want and avoid the pricing pressure by Ford for selling a new truck. Seems like more and more dealers are doing this practice and are taking away the chance of real customers participating in the Assault.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It bothers me somewhat that Ford doesn't allow you to participate in the Assault if you buy a used truck. To me, as long as the truck is within that first year and the VIN has never been registered to do the Assault, I don't see why you shouldn't be able to participate. Especially when there are dealers that drive a new truck for a couple of hundred miles and then sell it as used for whatever price they want and avoid the pricing pressure by Ford for selling a new truck. Seems like more and more dealers are doing this practice and are taking away the chance of real customers participating in the Assault.
That's exactly why they do it. It gives buyers an incentive not to buy from sleazeballs. Why should FMC pay out of pocket for the benefit of those who game their system? What would be stand up in my opinion is to give the buyers you describe an opportunity to go and pay full price, so long as there's availability. Priority should go to the folks who buy new.

oliver1539

Reaction score
Update:
Dealer offered me 52k for my 2019 with 38000 miles, 802A, carbon fiber, twin panel moon roof with Recaros.
I politely declined. The 2023 didn’t have Recaros or other options I wanted, so I’m not upset.
Believe I’ll look for a 21-22 and save some money.

Littlefx4

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Update:
Dealer offered me 52k for my 2019 with 38000 miles, 802A, carbon fiber, twin panel moon roof with Recaros.
I politely declined. The 2023 didn’t have Recaros or other options I wanted, so I’m not upset.
Believe I’ll look for a 21-22 and save some money.
What are you looking to get for it? Did you get an idea of your truck's value before you went...KBB, etc.?

Aleja_333

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's exactly why they do it. It gives buyers an incentive not to buy from sleazeballs. Why should FMC pay out of pocket for the benefit of those who game their system? What would be stand up in my opinion is to give the buyers you describe an opportunity to go and pay full price, so long as there's availability. Priority should go to the folks who buy new.

I don't disagree. But is not the real customer who is gaming the system, is the sleazeball dealers. And ultimately, they are actually the ones getting the Assault invitation too when they drive the truck for a few hundred miles before selling it used.

EndlessEight

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks is all personal, but to me that 24' looks horrendous. Looks like a mix between a Raptor, a Titan and a Frontier. Just yuck!! If I was on the fence waiting for a 24', I would pull the trigger on a 23'. Or better yet, a 22' with low miles so you can get the steering wheel and the Torsen. That's what I did and very happy with that decision.

I agree and this is actually what I did. Took delivery of a '23 Avalanche 35" at sticker Saturday.

Was planning on a '24 until I saw images of it.

cfmistry

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The ‘24 facelift is ugly. No doubts about it. But overall it’s still a VERY similar truck to any other Gen 3 and still going to be a great ride. Over time we’ll get used to the front end.

I added back the heated steering wheel and security pack for like $300. It sucks they were missing, but a pretty easy fix to get them back.

oliver1539

Reaction score
I predict in 12 months when you're still waiting for your 2024 to be build, you're going to post "should I drop my 2024 order and get a 2025?"

Rinse repeat or get something off the lot.
Lol, not going that route now. Have a deal working on a 22!

oliver1539

Reaction score
What are you looking to get for it? Did you get an idea of your truck's value before you went...KBB, etc.?
At least 54. I know the market has crashed, but dang! A dealer in PA has offered me 54 trade and they have a 22