Who are these @$$holes paying crazy ADMs?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bigdave18629

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got family in Texas and they're seeing it there. Californians moving to Texas and ******* up their state.
Fingers crossed, the people leaving will make CA better for those of us that stay. From WY, and the politics and taxes here are crippling, but the weather, the ocean, and no more 40 below winters are pretty good. Sometimes the 40 below doesn't sound too bad though when you spend too much time watching the evening news here.

RLB

Reaction score
I've been calling around dealerships in Northern California. The ADMs are ranging from $10k to $40k. One dealership, Downtown Ford in Sacramento told me their initial allocation is already spoken for and everyone is at a $30k-$40k ADM. She told me I can get on a waiting list for the second round, but ADM is $30k-$40k. Who the hell is paying these crazy ADMs?

I'm a free markets guy, but these ADMs are insane. I suppose it's the jackasses (and big ballers into the 70s pimp blue interior) that are to blame. If they weren't willing to bend over and pay, the dealerships charging these stupid high ADMs would have no business.

Ford should distribute their allocation differently. Downtown Ford in Sacramento gets their allocation regardless of how stupid they peg their ADMs, which takes allocation away from decent dealers selling at (or slightly above) MSRP... so the decent dealers are always limited in allocation.

Who can hook me up with a decent dealership who's not price gauging? I'm willing to travel out of state.
Call Dennis Carroll at Team Lincoln Ford in Las Vegas, 702.395.5100. I ordered a 2018 Raptor in 2017 when dealers in CO were adding 5-10K, I paid sticker!

RLB

Raptor R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not me! I won’t pay a single penny over the MRSP of the GEN 3 raptor. Some dealers are straight up pirates looking to gouge, and to be honest it is a complete turn off. Any of the dealers I spoke to in regards to purchasing the GEN 3, who even brought up an ADM…I literally hung up the phone before they could finish their sentence. **** right off.

Vintage

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When these Gen 3's finally hit the dealerships, it's going to be a feeding frenzy out there.

monophy.gif

I have a fair deal worked out with my dealer and supposed to be on the first allocation. Hopefully he'll stick to it.

targas

Reaction score
Nice, road trip! I'm in Alb as well, going to IA for mine for MSRP, wish I could get it a little lower....

OP
OP
Raptorius

Raptorius

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not me! I won’t pay a single penny over the MRSP of the GEN 3 raptor. Some dealers are straight up pirates looking to gouge, and to be honest it is a complete turn off. Any of the dealers I spoke to in regards to purchasing the GEN 3, who even brought up an ADM…I literally hung up the phone before they could finish their sentence. **** right off.
For me, it's the principal. Even if I had money to blow, I don't want to give my money to dealerships that are gouging. I understand there are ******** happy to pay $20k-$40k ADM (and others who just bend over and accept a $10k ADM), but I won't support those dealerships. I talked with a local salesman yesterday who told me, "Truth is, for a vehicle like the Raptor, there are some guys with money who want to pay a big ADM because it makes them feel special, like they're getting something others can't. It wouldn't be as appealing to them if it was just MSRP."