Who are these @$$holes paying crazy ADMs?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

policedutchdog

Reaction score
How can the dealer possibly know his allocation for the R when it hasn't even been announced yet and won't be sold until at least next year? I think he's full of shit.

Edit to add: though I agree with your overall point on the markups - they will be insane, at least around the major metro areas.
I would normally agree thou the GM at the dealer is my brother-in-law and they have sold a number of Ford GT's and Raptors to the same customer. Dealers do know their allocation as it's based on their Ford High Performance vehicle sales from prior year. Ford already has a rough idea of the number of Raptor R's they are going to build. My guess is that the standard Raptor will run the same path in terms of sales as the Gen 2 did. High demand and larger ADM the first 18 months then things will settle down again. California is it's own island and will never conform to the rest of the country, too much money here. California is the supercar capital of the world and it makes it tougher for us non-billionaires to swim in the same puddle with so many big sharks.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
I talked with a local salesman yesterday who told me, "Truth is, for a vehicle like the Raptor, there are some guys with money who want to pay a big ADM because it makes them feel special, like they're getting something others can't. It wouldn't be as appealing to them if it was just MSRP."

Riiiiiiiiiigggghhhhtttttt.

Vintage

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For me, it's the principal. Even if I had money to blow, I don't want to give my money to dealerships that are gouging. I understand there are ******** happy to pay $20k-$40k ADM (and others who just bend over and accept a $10k ADM), but I won't support those dealerships. I talked with a local salesman yesterday who told me, "Truth is, for a vehicle like the Raptor, there are some guys with money who want to pay a big ADM because it makes them feel special, like they're getting something others can't. It wouldn't be as appealing to them if it was just MSRP."
Your salesman's half right. I do feel special when I get a vehicle others can't. But it's only appealing to me if I can get it under MSRP. Which I already have worked out with my dealer.

Last edited:

Raptor R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For me, it's the principal. Even if I had money to blow, I don't want to give my money to dealerships that are gouging. I understand there are ******** happy to pay $20k-$40k ADM (and others who just bend over and accept a $10k ADM), but I won't support those dealerships. I talked with a local salesman yesterday who told me, "Truth is, for a vehicle like the Raptor, there are some guys with money who want to pay a big ADM because it makes them feel special, like they're getting something others can't. It wouldn't be as appealing to them if it was just MSRP."
That is pathetic if someone needs that type of validation. I have got my GEN 3, 37 truck at invoice. Just waiting for the order books to open to push this forward.

Raptor R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Your salesman's half right. I do feel special when I get a vehicle others can't. But it's only appealing to me if I can get it for under MSRP. Which I already have worked out with my dealer.
You are getting under MRSP? Good for you man. I tried, but had to settle at MRSP. I did not pay a penny more though.

OP
OP
Raptorius

Raptorius

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is pathetic if someone needs that type of validation. I have got my GEN 3, 37 truck at invoice. Just waiting for the order books to open to push this forward.
I agree.
Where are you getting a Raptor at invoice? Looks like I'll be getting one at MSRP (though not 37s, can't handle the 70s pimp blue interior), but I'm surprised anyone's selling them for invoice.

Stilldoggy

Reaction score
Same idiots moving towards middle America paying $100K over asking price for homes, absolutely destroying housing markets and their local governments at the same time.
Amen, homes in my SE GA town are going for that price. Neighbor caddy corner, put house on market, sold for asking price in THREE HOURS!!!! Means they could have gotten at least 25k more. Everyone talking about a sellers market but if you don't already have a place bought, one second after selling your home you are now a buyer. Crazy. All the fu*&ing yankees escaping the north but bringing their stupid ass voting records with them.