Who are these @$$holes paying crazy ADMs?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jjm047

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Amen, homes in my SE GA town are going for that price. Neighbor caddy corner, put house on market, sold for asking price in THREE HOURS!!!! Means they could have gotten at least 25k more. Everyone talking about a sellers market but if you don't already have a place bought, one second after selling your home you are now a buyer. Crazy. All the fu*&ing yankees escaping the north but bringing their stupid ass voting records with them.
Not all of us are stupid. I escaped and I vote the right way.

plcheetah

Reaction score
People should not be happy paying MSRP for a mass produced vehicle let alone ADM. I understand some people desperately want this truck and are willing to pay for it but it’s nothing to brag about when you pay full price for something.

jjm047

Full Access Member
Reaction score
People should not be happy paying MSRP for a mass produced vehicle let alone ADM. I understand some people desperately want this truck and are willing to pay for it but it’s nothing to brag about when you pay full price for something.
Yeah we’re basically living in the twighlight zone .

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score

Everyone who’s happy about paying MSRP for a Raptor, raise your hand.

See?
Nobody’s happy about that, it’s just the current market and consistent market in places like ******... California etc. If nobody paid it in for the Gen 1, we wouldn’t have had the 2 year period where MSRP was “a good deal” from 2017-2018. If nobody paid MSRP from ’17-’18, we wouldn’t be hoping for MSRP on the Gen 3.

People are free to overpay for the Raptor now as they were then. I wish they wouldn’t, but some are just bound and determined to.

I feel like this time it may be a little shorter period of time but will return. I think deals will be available on the ’21 Rap late year, as the last of the V8 or nothing crowd holds on to their Gen1 in hopes of affording the soon to be mid 100’s v8 Raptor. When sticker shock sets in at the unseen in human history ADM and + MSRP of the v8 Rap, many will jump ship to other marques and the eco boost Rap prices will again spike with those who can’t afford a mortgage for their new truck cave in and pressure the market again.

But until then, there will be a market vacuum a short while after the ’21 is released. There’s competition now, and once initial media reviews are in, fence sitters will make their minds up quickly. By ’23 it will all be shaken out.

Chainsaw

Ghost of a Raptor Owner
Reaction score
Everyone who’s happy about paying MSRP for a Raptor, raise your hand.

See?
Nobody’s happy about that, it’s just the current market and consistent market in places like ******... California etc. If nobody paid it in for the Gen 1, we wouldn’t have had the 2 year period where MSRP was “a good deal” from 2017-2018. If nobody paid MSRP from ’17-’18, we wouldn’t be hoping for MSRP on the Gen 3.

People are free to overpay for the Raptor now as they were then. I wish they wouldn’t, but some are just bound and determined to.

I feel like this time it may be a little shorter period of time but will return. I think deals will be available on the ’21 Rap late year, as the last of the V8 or nothing crowd holds on to their Gen1 in hopes of affording the soon to be mid 100’s v8 Raptor. When sticker shock sets in at the unseen in human history ADM and + MSRP of the v8 Rap, many will jump ship to other marques and the eco boost Rap prices will again spike with those who can’t afford a mortgage for their new truck cave in and pressure the market again.

But until then, there will be a market vacuum a short while after the ’21 is released. There’s competition now, and once initial media reviews are in, fence sitters will make their minds up quickly. By ’23 it will all be shaken out.

I work in the steel industry. One of our major raw steel suppliers also sells to the automotive folks.

This supplier relayed that their automotive clients report having a backlog essentially stretching through 2022 at this point.

Prices are not going down any time soon. I think your estimate of 2023 for some sense of sanity is a good one.

Frank N

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I will happily pay MSRP for a Raptor R. If they want an ADM, get it from someone else. FTS.

I suspect I might find one in the second year of release unless they really limit production.

or maybe I just go get a new Lariat in three years in straight exchange for my Gen2 and ride off to retirement with an extra 50k in my pocket for some other toy.

Ezekiel210

Reaction score
For that money I would consider a Hennessy Supercharged 5.0 2nd Gen. I've seen a few on ebay around 90-110k.
Really flawless conversion. 600hp/650tq round about. Just a thought :cool: