Exhausted But Committed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
I'm looking for input from others and alternative perspectives to help mitigate the ADM barrier in my mind... TLDR is that I'm personally feeling indignant with respect to the entitlement that dealers have to the lions share of economics without actually having to create much value. Also, Gary Yeoman Ford is a very tragic dealership.

Background: ~90k miles driven over 2 raptors
I have a July 18th order and I'm apparently #2 in line for an R (I was 3rd and one has been delivered). My dealer has told me that they are open to rolling my order to '24 and keeping my spot. They are a high volume dealer and I've agreed to $10k mark-up. If I stick on this track, it's likely a '24 delivery in my book.

Last week:
I tried my hand the last week completely scouring the internet in an attempt to secure an "R" and managed to get a single dealer to come down to $30k mark-up + my 37 PP trade, but I just couldn't bring myself to do it (truck has since sold). I recognize that this is the best out of the lot, I found 2 others that were $150k, and I will happily throw GARY YEOMAN Ford under the bus for the text message exchange with a $200k quote and a defensive salesman that told me I don't understand the market. (1 truck @ $140k, 2 trucks @ $150k, 3 trucks 155k-165k,1 truck $200k)

Takeaway:
Anyone else fatigued by fighting the good fight and not lining the pockets of these dealers that are taking full advantage of the market? I find it ridiculous that an entity which paid $0 in R&D, and less than MSRP feels entitled to 70%-100% margins on a truck that Ford is getting MAYBE 20% margin on. The middle man is reaping 80% of the economic benefit of this truck, which required hundreds of millions of dollars and years of investment by Ford. On principle I can't pay the insane ADMs ($20k is where I've drawn the line in my head)... but I've been idolizing a modern v8 raptor for 6-7 years now and I'm getting very, VERY desperate. There are a lot of great dealerships that I see on this forum that give me some hope.

PS:
It helps that I love my current Raptor 37pp and I know there are still a lot of people trying to get one at MSRP (I was extremely fortunate to be one of those on Oct '21 when I took delivery). Trying to not lose perspective on what I'm grateful for.

Space Ghost

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sure doesnt help when you got people more than willing to buy it for those costs, thats the only reason the dealerships can.
Blame them all you want, but when you got idiots people lining up to throw down that much cash for it, not much us peasants can do about it.

Edit: also saw you were goin through Gary Yeomans, crazy they want that much ADM on top of all their exorbitant dealer fees and other crap. Guy there tried to tell me that he was "doin me a favor" on gettin me a tax credit on my trade in and thats why he could low ball me. Damn state law here

cashed

Reaction score
The market is the market. This isn't just a Ford only occurrence. Look at Z06s be sold for 100K over sticker. 30K over sticker depending on what you were getting for the 37pk was a win. IMO

OP
OP
Raptor Paradise
Reaction score
The market is the market. This isn't just a Ford only occurrence. Look at Z06s be sold for 100K over sticker. 30K over sticker depending on what you were getting for the 37pk was a win. IMO
I don't disagree at all, the dealer was doing me a solid from their perspective. Also very much aware of what's happening with ZO6s... and with toilet paper during COVID... and with children's Tylenol 3 months ago. Point is - yes the market is what it is, but a lot of dealerships are adding intentional fuel to the fire (also drawing a silly comparison to the people who took advantage of those other shortages).

I had a GM tell me that he was offered $40k for their allocation by another dealership before the truck was even built. A dealership doing this is so excited about participating in this bloodbath that they're painting themselves into a corner where they lose money on a <$40k ADM, therefore creating an absolutely ridiculous floor. There is a real argument that a subset of bad-actor dealerships have set the stage for this situation.

Last edited:

Frogger22

“Not all who wander are lost” Tolkien
Reaction score
Yeah just don’t buy one and keep your truck till: pricing and things come back to earth or if they never do you can know you got basically the exact same truck for up to $100k-$60k cheaper than some other idiot. Spoilers: a 37 package is exactly a Raptor R with a little less sauce that literally nobody will use. No F-150 is worth that and I don’t care what anyone says.

BayRaptor925

Reaction score
I scoured the net and did the same thing for months/weeks, gave up and decided I wouldn't play the game and wait for them to come down in price. Got pissed off at dealers, listened to their cockiness and even wrote a bad review on one of them (which I shortly after took down). Then I had memories of saying the same thing to myself in 2019 when I wanted the new G63 and didn't want to play the markup game and patiently waited for them to "come down"...then I realized it's been so damn long that I don't even want it anymore because they are played out. Good colors are still to this day commanding over MSRP 4 years later. Long story short I gave in and paid a handsome ADM for the R but I can tell you the feeling of getting into and starting a Raptor R and being one of the first to do so in my area is worth every penny. One day I might be the ******* that paid too much but you only live once and if you can afford it, do it. The reality is the market is what it is. My ACR Viper bought for sticker is now worth more than 100k over what I paid for it. MSRP is just that.

OP
OP
Raptor Paradise
Reaction score
I scoured the net and did the same thing for months/weeks, gave up and decided I wouldn't play the game and wait for them to come down in price. Got pissed off at dealers, listened to their cockiness and even wrote a bad review on one of them (which I shortly after took down). Then I had memories of saying the same thing to myself in 2019 when I wanted the new G63 and didn't want to play the markup game and patiently waited for them to "come down"...then I realized it's been so damn long that I don't even want it anymore because they are played out. Good colors are still to this day commanding over MSRP 4 years later. Long story short I gave in and paid a handsome ADM for the R but I can tell you the feeling of getting into and starting a Raptor R and being one of the first to do so in my area is worth every penny. One day I might be the ******* that paid too much but you only live once and if you can afford it, do it. The reality is the market is what it is. My ACR Viper bought for sticker is now worth more than 100k over what I paid for it. MSRP is just that.
This is definitely a fair and healthy perspective and one I was strongly entertaining when I had the $30k ADM opportunity. I appreciate you sharing your Journey - I feel like I'm at a crossroads that you've been at.

kiman44

Reaction score
I’ve played that ADM avoidance game a lot. Porsche was the worst with it. I only paid ADMs twice - once with a 991.1 GT3RS, and once with the Gen2 raptor (Less than 5k). You just have to decide whether paying the ADM is an acceptable exchange for additional time with the vehicle in your possession, and whether the total money spent buys you something else you would want more. In the end though, you are just paying money for time. Not sure if that perspective helps you or not.

OP
OP
Raptor Paradise
Reaction score
I’ve played that ADM avoidance game a lot. Porsche was the worst with it. I only paid ADMs twice - once with a 991.1 GT3RS, and once with the Gen2 raptor (Less than 5k). You just have to decide whether paying the ADM is an acceptable exchange for additional time with the vehicle in your possession, and whether the total money spent buys you something else you would want more. In the end though, you are just paying money for time. Not sure if that perspective helps you or not.
It really does honestly, after reading this I think the most likely exchange is 10-20K for a year's time with the truck... with a small but loud voice in the back of my head that is vocalizing the possibility of no truck after waiting on my current order a year from now, because technically I still don't have an allocation. It's the latter that's really pushing me towards spending real money on the ADM.

BayRaptor925

Reaction score
Don't forget the endless amounts of praise the truck continues to get in the media. It seems everyday there is a new article or video being released about how amazing this truck is. Lol. I think it's going to command ADM for a good long run, or maybe even, a short run of production? That's another unknown I wasn't willing to risk.