Exhausted But Committed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Frogger22

“Not all who wander are lost” Tolkien
Reaction score
Yeah I don’t have a problem with Ford dealers doing what they want and charging what they want. But then inversely don’t have a problem with me never shopping there again and giving them nada. If enough ppl do that they will either adapt or die. That’s economics.

But what I think is weird is that corporate ford and ford dealerships aren’t on the same page and are fighting with each other about this stuff. Like the dealers are actively tarnishing the brand and I’m curious if ford ever actual does anything. They threaten but do they actually punish them for real? I think the Tesla model is how this is moving myself as well regardless.

GEN3LV

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No F150 is worth 150 to 200K I don't care if motor was made of gold the ADM's are out of control. I have a 17 Z06 and the GM dealers have price me out of ever getting a new Z06 and I have been a long time Corvette owner my Z is my 7th Vette. With all of the economic uncertainty happening this this country I sure the hell an not paying some stupid 50K ADM they can **** off.

It seem like a lot of people have tons of cash to just blow and pay whatever it they ask for these truck and cars. Hope we don't see another crash like 08 with mass foreclosures s and repos happening.

Verruckt

Reaction score
I concur. I've owned both generations (first one was a Stage 2 Roush Raptor) and I refuse to pay these absolute ******** ADM amounts. 5 to 10k was bad enough for its time, 30k+ is literal robbery.

Ford should be doing far, far, more about this.

In my case, I'd like a Raptor R and can more than afford it, but I refuse to accept these ******** figures. I'm not trying to float an entire dealership on a single sale. The good news is I've seen the market cycle many times. In a year there will be massive deals being made on these. My advice for anyone with a brain is to wait it out. Don't feed into the ADMs and let them sit on the lot like the rest of the vehicles starting to pile up.

OP
OP
Raptor Paradise
Reaction score
I've spoken to a few more dealers and I heard a couple more stories about these "allocation brokers".

No one is supposed to know outside of the specific dealer & very few people at FORD how many allocations all of the dealer have received, yet somehow these allocation brokers know EXACTLY who has what. It appears someone(s?) very high up in the Ford motor company Supply Chain has monetized an excel spreadsheet on their computer.

The result is that these allocation brokers are able to go out and purchase allocations for Mega dealers willing to buy them that want to seudo-corner the market - $50K for an allocation is a number I have heard twice now.

While buying up inventory and cornering a market doesn't seem as nasty when it's luxury goods, the reality is that these mega dealerships have essentially banded together and set a price-floor for a truck that they had no hand in making. The customers of these dealerships (and unfortunately because of the above a huge portion of the market) are paying for two things:

1. The dealership's desire to be the biggest baddest kid on the block with the most Raptor Rs... yes this is a real thing. Call them up and they brag about how they are the ONLY dealer in possession of X# R allocations

2. A price that is essentially fixed because the dealership has paid an astronomically high amount of money to get the truck and will be at a loss for less than the 140-160k they paid for the truck.

The remaining dealers that don't sell these allocations feel like too much $$ is left on the table in serving their customers if they don't get more than 30k ADM since they passed up 50k. Such good guys, what would we do without them?

This has been corroborated by a few GMs who are justifiably pissed when they get phone calls from multiple strangers who start the call with "Hey I know you got 2 allocations..."

Hope someone else finds this as fascinating/messed-up as I do.

Frogger22

Reaction score
IMO they are just destroying the Ford brand and I think it’s going to hurt them long term badly. Just one aspect is the idiotic pricing, but they aren’t just doing it to the R its their whole new lineup. And beyond the prices there is also the bad build quality and the dealerships playing games and raising ADM on orders from 2 years ago where the promised the prices…terrible communication, nobody knows what the hell is going on, like you treat people like shit for long enough and they will start waking up. Only so many fools can pay $200k for an F-150 but that is not a large group of people. I think they lose more than they gain with this.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Raptor Paradise
Reaction score
Who am I, but just stop searching bro. Let the summer start... someone is going to be seller their R and complain about gas mileage and probably also complaining about their wife can't tolerate the noise and how they lost their BALLS once they got married.

There is hope brother lol.
This is probably the best advice I've received in the last 2 months. I know Im beating this very, very, dead horse!

Frogger22

Reaction score
Who am I, but just stop searching bro. Let the summer start... someone is going to be seller their R and complain about gas mileage and probably also complaining about their wife can't tolerate the noise and how they lost their BALLS once they got married.

There is hope brother lol.
Never underestimate the power of the nagging wife :fishing1:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jumpcutter