Who’s sold their Gen 1 during this market and hates the decision they made?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Canuck714

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks for giving this guy with over 20 years in IT a tip on how to search, but since I know absolutely nothing about the previous owner, I don't think it would help all that much. Plus, I did try a few very general searches with that neato thing you were mentioning.

I'll keep looking around and once I actually get the truck, maybe I'll have additional info to work on. Thanks for the warm welcome.
@DropD Did you get the truck?
BTW..dont take the heckling personally, we are all a little jaded around here these days..lol

SERG09

Hi Ho Silver
Reaction score
I've recently been kicking around replacing my Gen 1 as well. I'm glad to see I'm not the only one that gets agita when probing the idea. I've got just over 60k on the clock and absolutely love this truck. I've looked at the Gen3 37pkg and the TRX (can use employee pricing) and yet I still am dragging my feet. There was/is something special about this truck. And, I've owned many. Great thread and congrats on your new truck!

No Brakes

Reaction score
I bought my truck in November 2020 and have been following the market ever since, mostly out of curiosity. I don't really plan on selling as I tend to keep my vehicles for the long haul. 2013 Terrain with 30k miles on it right now. Show me a truck that looks better dirty and I'll show you a ******* liar. Not selling.

IMG_2854.jpg

Irregular F150

its terrain good sir!
Reaction score
I bought my truck in November 2020 and have been following the market ever since, mostly out of curiosity. I don't really plan on selling as I tend to keep my vehicles for the long haul. 2013 Terrain with 30k miles on it right now. Show me a truck that looks better dirty and I'll show you a ******* liar. Not selling.

View attachment 344397

Or a fellow ‘13 terrain buried in snow. Definitely not selling but i did buy it in this crazy market lol, i also keep my vehicles for a long time.

Attachments

• D2C17776-3D01-4E27-9F48-2E4A963AB75D.jpeg
    D2C17776-3D01-4E27-9F48-2E4A963AB75D.jpeg
    215.7 KB · Views: 11

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Who would sell an OG Gen 1 Ford Raptor that started the genre? Everything else is just “Ford Performance” F150 lookalikes with a few bolt ons, cam phaser issues and a V6.
Ford Performance = SVT. Gen 1 started it and Gen 2 built on it and exceeded Gen 1 in every single way.

Some of you Gen 1 owners live in denial.

BoostedToy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ll let everyone know in 4-6 weeks. With 150k miles on my 2013 Roush, I decided to pull the trigger and order a ‘22 TRX, finally letting go of the idea of a Raptor R (and likelihood of availability and/or affordability with the reports of a low production number).

I’ve owned this vehicle for 4.5 years (which is 2x as long as any other vehicle I have owned) now and it’s been amazing. I’ll let you know if I have sellers/buyers remorse when I get to that point. I’ll still be on this board even post sale and purchase. Really good community here, though, still chuckle at the Gen 1 vs Gen 2 debate and associated 6.2 vs 3.5 EB debates!

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I’ll let everyone know in 4-6 weeks. With 150k miles on my 2013 Roush, I decided to pull the trigger and order a ‘22 TRX, finally letting go of the idea of a Raptor R (and likelihood of availability and/or affordability with the reports of a low production number).

I’ve owned this vehicle for 4.5 years (which is 2x as long as any other vehicle I have owned) now and it’s been amazing. I’ll let you know if I have sellers/buyers remorse when I get to that point. I’ll still be on this board even post sale and purchase. Really good community here, though, still chuckle at the Gen 1 vs Gen 2 debate and associated 6.2 vs 3.5 EB debates!
I’m guessing you probably got a pretty good trade in value on it too. With used vehicle values being disproportionately high, there has really has never been a better time to upgrade to a new vehicle. Let us know how you like the TRX, should be a night and day difference from a Gen 1. If/when Raptor R does come out, you’ll probably be able to trade the TRX in for about what you paid new if the market stays the way it is.