Who’s sold their Gen 1 during this market and hates the decision they made?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JeepSRT8

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am in that current conundrum. Recently picked up my Gen3 (love it) but am having a hard time parting with the Gen1 - I know eventually I will sell it here in the next few months and it already makes me sad. Such a great truck, but I also felt that way with all my past vehicles. Wish I could keep them all.

TomDirt

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yea the only way I'd sell mine is to get a '14 in terrain the only color I sometimes prefer to my oxford white.
From CJPony Parts: ". The “Terrain” color of 2013-2014 is a sandy flat beige with just the slightest tint of green.". So it's the same color as everything here in the Hi Dez after a windstorm . Who knew that a patina of dust was going to become a thing?

JBronius

Reaction score
Hi everybody!

We all know the current situation with new & used vehicles. That said I’m curious to see who has made a move selling their Gen 1 in this market and their thoughts afterwards. When I bought my Gen 1 in July of last year, I had zero intention of selling it and it was to be a long term vehicle for me. But, I also don’t think any of us saw this coming down the line either as it pertains to the shortage and the crazy pricing that has followed.

That said, I’ve had solid offers the last few weeks and I’m torn on what to do. I completely love my 2013 and it’s been rock solid the last 15 months, but the equity I can gain from selling can help by being applied elsewhere. Although it isn’t completely necessary, making money on a truck I’ve put 40K miles on in just over a year doesn’t hurt. Following that, I have absolutely no clue what else I could go buy that would make me happy. I’ve looked at Platinums, Limited’s, Gen 2’s, well-put-together Tundra’s and a few others.

I’m curious what route people went if they did sell and why or why you wouldn’t sell again if given the choice. I also am curious what we think pricing will do short term & long term. I’m certainly not opposed to going away from my truck short-term and coming back to a Gen 1 when the time is right, but I’m not sure that clean one’s will be around much longer and that they’ll be affordable if they are worth buying in the future.

This is just a truck at the end of the day, but it’s also the pinnacle in a sense. I appreciate everyone’s thoughts!
I have a 2011 , Put a WHIPPLE Supercharger in it at 160k, Same Transmission, but new Rear Axles and new Rear Differential. Currently at 250K miles, I will probably never get rid of it, give it to my son when the 2022 R FINALLY becomes available. Best Truck I have ever owned. Had a '88 Landcruiser- son has that now, 2017 F250 SuperCrew Diesel- Traded that for the Raptor in 2011.( Turbos blew right after I sold it at 120K)