Whipple's 6.2L 650hp Raptor system

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Well at least I put a smile on for you.
That's what the Raptor is all about 100 mph 4x4 diff unlocked or lock your choice, In dirt of course.
I don't drive around with the diff locked on pavement, then you can do damage making u turns and sharp turns unless spin the tires doing it :)
Read the manual it tells you how fast you can go while engaging and disengaging the diff and transfer.

The diff does not auto lock, you might be thinking about limited slip.

Last edited:

Geno

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for being a smart ass I wasn't sure if the diff would auto unlock as it suppose to over like 10 mph or I think it's even less. Main reason I was asking was cause my bun outs are always single wheel burn because I never lock the diff. Afraid it would hurt the diff if it was locked and under a load and trying to shift out of locked position. Thanks hope I was clear enough in my asking and reasoning

You're not going to break your rear diff by doing a burnout in the locked position.

may28th

Full Access Member
Reaction score
According to the manual if you don't have it in off road mode then it disables the differential at 12 mph in 2 wheel ,62 mph in four-wheel low and 35 mph in four wheel low. If you keep in off road mode it won't auto disengage

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
We Should start a new thread to discuss this! different years seem to have different scenarios. Mine is a 2010 1/2

Last edited:

may28th

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I understand. Sorry wasnt trying to hi jack the thread I was just curious. My to is a 2010 it came off the truck July 2010

sharpertouch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
MTF thanks for all the great info!
i wish i had money for this... wedding in six months says otherwize!!!

Last edited:

Stig1

Reaction score
anyone know when they plan on shipping the next units? I've been told a couple weeks now a couple weeks in a row. trying to be patient.

Thanks mtf for your input.

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Congratulations!

What did you go for Tuner or complete? Upgrade? Options? And now the big question Long Tube Headers?

They should have the Long Tube Headers Tune worked out by then, you never know.

You Can Sell it on eBay and make some coin. I hear the waiting list is getting longer :)

Last edited: