Whipple's 6.2L 650hp Raptor system

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dinoone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Back to the drawing board with my truck. PCM is heading out to ford racing today....

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Don't forget I'm the only one running completely stock, other than the ones Ford Racing used to make the Tune.

The other Raptors have all the upgrade options which require a custom tune.
Not something Whipple is doing, not for now at least. But Whipple is trying to help Dinoone.
Forget about Ford Racing doing tune for that as well. But you never know.
Lethal Performance with Jon Lund seams to have a good tune (not 100%) for that stuff from what I see on the internet.

Yes I,m happy! Truck runs great.
Smoked the new Camaro (the one with the black hood, 6.4L) the other day from a rolling start at 20 to 25 mph that felt nice!

The shock and aw I get from my friends on the 4x4 launch is a high for me, they can't believe it.

If you get the Whipple, do not let anyone sit in the middle rear seat!!! One of my friends is still cursing me.
There isn't a head rest there so he smashed his head against the little window.
I told him he's lucky he didn't break it :)

Just to let everyone know I still have a very small issue with the stock setup running a little rich.
I do have to send my PCM back to Ford Racing after I sent them a recording from my Actron Plus scanner.
I bought that after the engine icon came on a second time with the same codes.
Truck runs the same with light on or off, so no big thing for now. I will try to send it out in a week or two.
And I really do not drive that much, I have about 250 miles on the Whipple so far.

The big problem is, I really have to do something with the rear leafs, I can not do a nice 2 wheel (diff closed) burnout without wheel hop.

Last edited:

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That's what two wheel burnout means. Ok i'm going to nice, a posi 4x2 burnout.

If I do a 4x4 with diff opened, I get a little chip out of the tires.
You need over 800 rwhp to get a 4x4 spinning.

I can power brake in 4x2 diff closed till the tires melt off, it's when I release the brakes and start traveling,
and the tires start getting traction it starts to wheel hop.
or it will wheel hop just stomping on the gas with 4x2 and diff closed.

I hope thats clear enough.

Last edited:

may28th

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for being a smart ass I wasn't sure if the diff would auto unlock as it suppose to over like 10 mph or I think it's even less. Main reason I was asking was cause my bun outs are always single wheel burn because I never lock the diff. Afraid it would hurt the diff if it was locked and under a load and trying to shift out of locked position. Thanks hope I was clear enough in my asking and reasoning