Which Synthetic would you use?

Which of these Full Synthetic Oils do you use?

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GTC-NOVA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Right! because you are using Fords filter.

This is so much BS ! Why would the dealer or FORD do that? You can use your own oil but MUST use their filter NOT to void a warranty? What warranty? Oil warranty?

6gun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am sure they are all good. I've used Mobil 1 for years in cars, motorcycles and the boat. Never disappointed, in fact, a "while" ago, I did a test of 20-50 syn's in my bike and M1 was the only one to hold high oil pressure, per the OP gage after 1000 miles of hard canyon running. I didn't test all of those in this totally unscientific survey, and I am sure they all were better than non-syns, but I was surprised at the difference even after 1000 miles.

blood

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
m1 for me.ive seen a lot of engines after dyno testing with many oils and was always impressed by the m1 engines.

Icecobra

FRF Addict
Reaction score
At 51 Years of age I have been playing with engines since I was 13. Lawn mower, generator through all types of gas and diesel engines. I have had boats, motorcycles mini cart and scooters. I myself liked Quaker state in the 70's I noticed when tearing down motors Castrol and Pennzoil built up a layer of carbon everywhere in the motor. As I have gone along I have tried different things, additives etc that I hear stories about. I began a religious use of Mobil one as I began my own company back in the 80's. Since then my vehicles have traveled over 1 million miles on Mobil one full synthetic without a single oil related failure. I use no additives and just run the recommended weight in Mobil one... Take it for what its worth that's my history and knowledge. Its not the most expensive and probably not the absolute best ever but has served my needs for 30 years now..

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Mobile 1 Extended, is the only oil I'll use.

I've actually gained a .5 mpg since I switched from the regular Mobile 1 two thousand miles ago.

Last edited:

Mad Max

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mobile 1. I would entertain using Amsoil, but I have yet been convinced that it is a superior product over Mobile 1. Factual scientific evidence is welcome, a seller's opinion is not.

Baja Jones

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have used Mobil 1 for 15 years (oil and ATF). I also use Redline, depending on the application.

Same as KaiserM751 but why? I like the silver bottles. Does anyone on the forum actually understand what the difference is between one kind of slippery stuff and another?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bjorn-dpc