Which Synthetic would you use?

Which of these Full Synthetic Oils do you use?

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chris@FreedomMotorsports

FRF Gofur
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Does anyone use any type of super slick polymer additives in their oil? Or is a high grade synthetic enough?

Most modern synthetic oils do not recommend using any additional oil additives in with their oil. Amsoil does not honor heir warranty if it can be determined that additional additives were used with their oil.

That being said, if your oil isn't good enough, get a better oil, no need to substitute something else in an attempt to obtain better protection.

Bigdog44SVT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks Chris. I use Mobil 1 and I'm confident in it but I used to run Slick 50 in my high HP builds. I was just sold as a kid by several engine guys. Haven't stayed with it but was curious if it was still an important additive. I remember engines drained of oil and run on it for days.

OP
OP
RC51TOFUMAN

RC51TOFUMAN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Two things. First, if your dealership has offered free servicing for a specified amount of time where they are providing the products being used for FREE, then yes, they CAN void the warranty if they want to for not using what they recommend, there in lies the niche rule of law. If they however are not providing the products at no cost to you, then no, they can't void the warranty as long as you can show a verifiable maintenance record.

Two, the Motocraft filter, is NOT as good as the others. I will go ahead and put together a true filter specs comparison over the next few days and get the REAL information out there for everyone to see for themselves. But there are vast differences between a lot of the filters on the market and the reason Ford wants you to use the Motocraft filter is because Ford OWNS Motocraft! Nothing more than that, kind of like GM wanting you to use AC Delco products, it is a profit thing for them, not that the filters are better than what is on the market.

I will put something together over the next couple of days and post it in the maintenance area of the forum with the actual specs from the different brands so that everyone can see the real differences.

I am looking forward to the filter comparison.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

appetites1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2010 6.2 with 40k miles
recently switched rear diff and transfer case lube to amsoil.
no more clunk and power delivery noticeable smoother
didn't expect that noteable difference

OP
OP
RC51TOFUMAN

RC51TOFUMAN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Last edited:
OP
OP
RC51TOFUMAN

RC51TOFUMAN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So it really comes down to royal purple or amsoil in the synthetic oil And filter....

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

justvettn

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks Chris. I use Mobil 1 and I'm confident in it but I used to run Slick 50 in my high HP builds. I was just sold as a kid by several engine guys. Haven't stayed with it but was curious if it was still an important additive. I remember engines drained of oil and run on it for days.

Todays oil is fine for todays roller engines but a lot of the ingredients have been removed that used to protect engines from weare, if you have an old flat tappet engine or high performance built motor that is not roller camshaft use an additive with your synthetic oil like a break in lube or zinc additive.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marquez47