Which Synthetic would you use?

Which of these Full Synthetic Oils do you use?

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

starkall

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I use amsoil signature series oil and filter. I stopped using mobile 1 do to issues I had when running it in my Sti and friends that had issues running it. Basically the oil would break down really fast and the sti would consume it like crazy and have tons of blow by. Switched to Redline in my Sti and the problem stopped.

TBONE21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In my last raptor I ran ford racing filter and Mobil 1. Never had any issues. Was thinking about buying amsoil and their filter for my new raptor coming. I don't know yet though. Going to see pricing from Chris first. If amsoil is too high then I'm going to stay with ford racing filter and Mobil 1

IronRakMike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have ran Mobil 1 Full synthetic in all my vehicles since 2001. Here's why; There is a little engine building school in Houston Texas called the School of Automotive Machinists. I was fortunate enough to attend this school after High School and graduated there program in February 2002. We had several different cars that we raced professionally (we held the record for fastest naturally aspirated LS1 engined car in the country) and did a ton of dyno testing for all the other engines we built. We tried ALL the different brands of oil in hopes of squeaking more HP out of the engines. No matter the type of engine (nitrous, turbo, supercharged, NA, solid roller, hydraulic roller, DOHC) Mobile 1 always had the highest numbers and when we tore the engines down afterwards the rod and main bearings always showed the least amount of wear.

Take my experience for what it's worth. I am by no means an authority on the intricacies of synthetic engine oil.

Last edited:

Humvee21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have ran Mobil 1 Full synthetic in all my vehicles since 2001. Here's why; There is a little engine building school in Houston Texas called the School of Automotive Machinists. I was fortunate enough to attend this school after High School and graduated their program in February 2002. We had several different cars that we raced professionally (we held the record for fastest naturally aspirated LS1 engined car in the country) and did a ton of dyno testing for all the other engined we built. We tried ALL the different brands of oil in hopes of squeaking more HP out of the engines. No matter the type of engine (nitrous, turbo, supercharged, NA, solid roller, hydraulic roller, DOHC) Mobile 1 always had the highest numbers and when we tore the engines down afterwards the rod and main bearings always showed the least amount of wear.

Take my experience for what it's worth. I am by no means an authority on the intricacies of synthetic engine oil.

Do you happen to remember what other brands of motor oil were used during the testing?

IronRakMike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you happen to remember what other brands of motor oil were used during the testing?

It was twelve years ago so take it for what it's worth. We tested all the synthetic brands that were available at that time. I'd rather not name specific names as I do not represent SAM.