Which one to buy? I am trying to decide between the 35 package vs the 37 package. Any input from you all?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

22R37

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't think anyone can tell the difference unless you drive them back to back. On a daily basis, even off-road, I doubt one can really discern the difference in performance.

Also, are there any downsides anyone can mention to getting 35" tires on a 37" package? If there is a noticeable difference in performance, I imagine one can change tires down to 35", but at least the truck will have all the hardware and frame ready to take 37s.
So can someone tell me what's going to happen if one installs 35" on a37" package?

mchurch0211

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't think anyone can tell the difference unless you drive them back to back. On a daily basis, even off-road, I doubt one can really discern the difference in performance.

Also, are there any downsides anyone can mention to getting 35" tires on a 37" package? If there is a noticeable difference in performance, I imagine one can change tires down to 35", but at least the truck will have all the hardware and frame ready to take 37s.
this guy just killed the thread. Buy the 37 (if you can)200.gif

Ragnar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you’re not off roading all that much, what is the debate? Clearly either one will suit your needs. No reason to overthink the obvious. Only you can answer this question…

CenTexRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looking to pull the trigger on a 22 Raptor and trying to decide between the 35 and 37 package now that you can get the 37 without the blue interior. It will be a daily driver with minimum off-roading. Comments welcome.
Check out https://www.fordraptorforum.com/threads/installed-37s-on-gen3-35-raptor-no-issues.87003/ for more info. Looks like getting the 37's to fit on a 35 should be no problem on the stock wheels. That is my plan... save the $7,000 upgrade costs as much of it isn't valuable to me (or likely you based on your premise).

22R37

Full Access Member
Reaction score

How will this effect the speedometer?

Kojack19

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have shared my views in a few other threads. 37s are a turn key package for those that want that. I would rather have the extra inch of travel and 7k in my pocket to make the truck better. I put 37 bfgs on my 35 package with new wheels, put a 37 spare under the truck and could not be happier. there is more to do after the aftermarket companies show up with new stuff but I would rather start with a 35 and the money to make the truck better. BTW, 35s or 37s isn't a big difference. I drove both of my earlier raptors hard on 35s and the trucks were both awesome. I did not trim or hammer pinch welds etc to make the 37s work. I did do 1.5 collars on which I did on my earlier trucks as well.

Enjoy your ride whichever way you go.

LuckyKnuckle36

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
Definitely get what you want. Both the 35 and the 37 trucks look great. From a "performance" perspective the 35 truck has an inch more of wheel travel, also better acceleration just by nature of less rotating mass. Likely a little better handling with a 35 than a 37 on road as well. 37 has an inch better ground clearance and the shocks are tuned to the 37 from the factory with a larger shaft to handle the load. Spare fits under the truck etc. If you want 37's and the cost isn't a factor then grab you one if you can find it. If you're just contemplating an order now, you may have trouble finding a dealer with any allocations left. If you find a dealer with remaining allocations it will very likely be even harder to find 37 allocations. Then if you did get a 37 allocation, it will likely be a much longer wait for production, delivery, etc. There are dealer orders out there for sale with ridiculous ADM's especially for 37's.

I saw a black 21 37 package at my dealer when I ordered my 22. Sat inside, in person the blue Recaro's actually look great and premium and I am a guy that only does black interior on my vehicles. The 37 stock wheels I think look really nice if you're staying stock. To be honest at first glance I wasn't sure if it was a 37 or 35, knew simply because of the wheels but was a little surprised that it didn't look a little more obvious in stock form. Still looked great of course and probably more obvious if side by side with a 35. I'm into an 800A with torsen and convenience package for $68,500(before tax,tag) a 37 would have run me $82k@ MSRP and who knows depending on dealers that are marking up. I love that 37 is an option from the factory. I just felt that at that price point I should be getting a little more actual performance. We shall see what the R brings and if any of us can get our hands on one. I am not interested in paying any mark up so I'll probably not get a hold of one. Good luck and know that no matter what you choose you will have a badass truck. I have loved every generation of the Raptor and finally have one coming...