Which Icon rear spring setting for me.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RaptorAdik

Reaction score
Alright Raptor World.
This issue has been beaten to death I know but I’m throwing it back to the top.

Have an overlanding trailer on the way.
60 lb bed cover
60 rack system on bed cover
200 lb hitch weight from trailer.
Easily could add 100 lbs worth of weight between spare water and crap.

I have read in a couple of spots that the +1” setting on icons is actually higher than that.

Do y’all think I should go stage 2?

DAVfoto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Setting one if you don't plan to tow all the time. I have been looking to get Icon and go option 2 as I will have a 100 pound tent, 120 pounds of rack, 100 pound spare tire and when on trips, spare fuel and water which will add another 50-80 pounds.. plus general stuff. So adding like 600 total to GVWR which should be good for option 2 and option 3 is overkill.

Granelli

Reaction score
I've got a supercab with icon rear leafs in option 1 (softest) paired to fox factory bypass shocks. Towed a 2300lb empty trailer with 2 700lb harleys no problem. Just got back from towing a near 5k airstream w weight distribution hitch absolutely no issues at all at around 460lb hitch weight. Anything over 400lb hitch weight you may start to feel it w/o weight distributing hitch but otherwise the trucks are competent. I was pleasantly surprised how it handled the 23ft airstream, like it was not there.

06z

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Alright Raptor World.
This issue has been beaten to death I know but I’m throwing it back to the top.

Have an overlanding trailer on the way.
60 lb bed cover
60 rack system on bed cover
200 lb hitch weight from trailer.
Easily could add 100 lbs worth of weight between spare water and crap.

I have read in a couple of spots that the +1” setting on icons is actually higher than that.

Do y’all think I should go stage 2?
Unless you have 450+ pounds in the bed all the time, I would go option 1. I had option 2 and with 400 pounds it rode pretty stiff. I had to add more weight by the tailgate to get it to be plush. I think option 1 will give you the best ride all the time.

Bozz

Royal Smart A$$
Reaction score
Is this the OEM stock bump stop, or is it an aftermarket lift that the previous owner installed? Looks to be about 3-inches or slightly taller. Anyone?

Getting ready to install Icon 10-14 RAPTOR MULTI RATE RXT LEAF PACK W/ ADD IN LEAF 198501.

Will be removing that bump stop / lift and going with the extra leaf in install option #2 which should put it right back at the height it is now.

20230314_195005.jpg

Last edited:

Gen1TillDeath

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That’s the stock lift block/bump stop pad. But keep in mind, you should be adding some sort of bump stop kit (air bump kit, or forged off-road bump stop relocate kit, or the RPG puck extenders) since you will be removing the the stock one.

Bozz

Royal Smart A$$
Reaction score
That’s the stock lift block/bump stop pad. But keep in mind, you should be adding some sort of bump stop kit (air bump kit, or forged off-road bump stop relocate kit, or the RPG puck extenders) since you will be removing the the stock one.
Understood. Already got the Timbren bump stops, just having trouble finding a replacement pad for them to land on. I've settled down to the SDHQ. Have looked at the RPG puck extenders, but can not find any photos of them in place, so I'm not exactly sure what they do.

I saw 2 other bump stop plates for Gen 1 about 4-6 weeks ago, now I can't find them again. Also looked at a set of plates at off-road-alliance both with and without a small block for contact. They look EXACTLY the same except for the small block on one, but that one says Gen 2 only. The rest of it and how it mounts appears to be exactly the same as the completely flat plate which supposedly fits Gen 1.

Missing photos of one or two, but that last one also comes in a completely flat version without the little extension bump.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-03-15 8.33.08 AM.png
    Screenshot 2023-03-15 8.33.08 AM.png
    202 KB · Views: 23
  • Screenshot 2023-03-15 8.32.40 AM.png
    Screenshot 2023-03-15 8.32.40 AM.png
    714.8 KB · Views: 22
  • Screenshot 2023-03-15 8.26.42 AM.png
    Screenshot 2023-03-15 8.26.42 AM.png
    453.1 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:

Gen1TillDeath

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you go with the rpg pucks, then get the strike plate rpg sells that’s what I’m running with the timbren bumps onlY, NOT thier bracket. Or keep Aoem bumps and run the off-road alliance strike plate relocate. Can’t use both. I can get you pics if you want or you can PM me your cell and call ya and better explain