Which Fumoto for Gen 3?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Floyd554

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gotta say I don”t know what all the “mess” is about. After reading all the posts about the Gen 2s I was very worried about changing the oil for the first time in my Gen 3 myself. I was considering buying an oil valve before I tried an oil change, but I decided to hold off on that purchase. When I went to do my first oil change I did it outside and parked it on a level gravel driveway expecting the worst. Took off the access panels with no problem. Accessed the drain easy enough. The filter was a little difficult. All oil poured out of the drain plug directly into my catch pan. No mess at all. Oil from the filter poured right into the “trough” and into my oil pan. Not sure if they changed things on the Gen3, but I was surprised of how “not messy” the process was. I personally didn’t see how an oil valve would make this process that much better.

Shane361

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Gotta say I don”t know what all the “mess” is about. After reading all the posts about the Gen 2s I was very worried about changing the oil for the first time in my Gen 3 myself. I was considering buying an oil valve before I tried an oil change, but I decided to hold off on that purchase. When I went to do my first oil change I did it outside and parked it on a level gravel driveway expecting the worst. Took off the access panels with no problem. Accessed the drain easy enough. The filter was a little difficult. All oil poured out of the drain plug directly into my catch pan. No mess at all. Oil from the filter poured right into the “trough” and into my oil pan. Not sure if they changed things on the Gen3, but I was surprised of how “not messy” the process was. I personally didn’t see how an oil valve would make this process that much better.
On my Gen2 even after removing the "remove for oil change" panel from the skid plate the hole for the oil plug was still over the skid plate. So with initial pressure it was fine but then it just drained ontop of the skid plate. They should have cut out another 2 inches to prevent this. With the Fumoto it now sticks out over the skid plate and with the hose it's even more easy. Or atleast I'm sure as I just installed it on the previous oil change. I am sure..atleast I hope they have changed this on the Gen3 for more clearance.

Highwayman

Reaction score
You guys running the Fumoto on G3's.... Were you able to run the Fumoto on its own? Their site says the spacer may be needed depending on plug well.... I run Fumotos on all my stuff and I know I've only had one vehicle I needed to run the spacer. Id like to have everything before the 1st oil change coming up soon.

mclark202

Reaction score
I also have the f137N on my gen 3. Haven’t used it since the install but looking forward to trying it out next oil change.