Which Fumoto for Gen 3?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MrLiou168

Reaction score
Hey All,

I used the F107SX with a drain hose on my gen 2 and eventually grew old while waiting for the oil to drain. Thinking about going with this one (F137N) this time around. For those of you who use these valves, is there enough clearance to fit this thingy in the gen 3?

1651848379078.png

BadWRP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check out RMB Motorworks IG page before installing a Fumoto valve. He recently had an informative post about the Fumoto valve & amount of sludge being left in the bottom on the drain pans when using these valves.

OP
OP
M

MrLiou168

Reaction score
That's a little concerning. But also thinking that more frequent oil changes using full synthetic + jacking the truck to make up for the level difference will likely solve this issue. All while not making a huge mess when draining the oil.

Ox3721

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you are using quality oil and changing it at appropriate intervals, there shouldn’t be any “sludge” in the pan. Especially if you run the engine for a few minutes and drain it hot, it’s been thoroughly agitated and any solids wouldn’t really even have a chance to settle to the bottom of the pan.

If you want extra peace of mind, dump a quart or so of cheap oil in after the used oil is drained to flush some of the “leftover” old oil out.

OP
OP
M

MrLiou168

Reaction score
Yep that's exactly what I'm thinking. I've never had a sludge issue over many vehicles and keep to 5k change intervals with good quality synthetics. Suspending solids (if any) by warming up the oil is definitely one of the keys to a clean crank case. I'm not quite buying the sludge story from RMB; that seems like crap oil and poor maintenance and/or a one-off scenario.

NASSTY

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The sludge sounds a little far fetched. The most common complaints I've heard is... Slows down the draining process and leaves about a pint of old oil in the bottom of the pan.

Last edited:

JohnyPython

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I can’t believe sludge at the bottom of the pan on a well maintained engine - regular OCI, synthetic oil and high quality gas.

Jack up the DF, remove Fumoto and let the last couple ounces out.

sheaks3

Reaction score
Hey All,

I used the F107SX with a drain hose on my gen 2 and eventually grew old while waiting for the oil to drain. Thinking about going with this one (F137N) this time around. For those of you who use these valves, is there enough clearance to fit this thingy in the gen 3?

View attachment 353484
Did you use this on your gen3? Coming up on my first oil change and love the one I installed my 2019 Expedition. Looking for a recommendation.

sixshooter_45

2019 Ruby Red Metallic SC, 3.5 L Twin Turbos.
Reaction score
The sludge sounds a little far fetched. The most common complaints I've heard is... Slows down the draining process and leaves about a pint of old oil in the bottom of the pan.
I emptied my oil using a Fumoto valve and after it stopped draining I unscrewed the Fumoto valve to see how much if any oil remained to be emptied.

Hardly any oil dribbled out when unscrewed so I'm happy with mine emptying all the used oil.

catinthehat85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
F137N is exactly what I use. It’s fast and easy, plenty of clearance all around. I absolutely love it. Side note sludge at the bottom of a pan is the most ridiculous thing I’ve heard. Maybe because I’ve done 5k intervals with all my modern cars and always drove the car around the block before starting the drain.