Which bumper...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Big Blue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
spend the $100 on some hood mounts and that will open up a bunch of options for you.

---------- Post added at 02:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:30 PM ----------

^ I think thats the best suggestion. You love the ADD venom (which will handle your current 20" light bar perfectly, then buy a set of hood mount brackets and your D2s will have a new home too.

One of the best looking bumpers and you get to reuse all of your lights. win/win.

JimT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I love my RPG Raceline bumper and it fit great with no problems. RPG uses grade 8 hardware. I like the fit and finish with the curve of the bumper to match the curve of the truck instead of other vendors who's bumpers are more straight and use sheet metal or aluminum to fill the space between the bumper and the grill. I went old school with the top hoop but I wanted to protect my grill and to some extent my lights in case of a frontal impact. RPG's Jarrett and Jeff worked with me to make the bumper just the way I wanted it. I also chose the option to have it shipped to me as bare steel so I could get it powder coated here locally so I didn't have to worry about the finish getting damaged in shipment.

Attachments

• P1290460.jpg
    P1290460.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 53

JimT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
here is a pic of the side view so you can see how the bumper follows the curve of the truck.

Attachments

• front rotated.jpg
    front rotated.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 51
OP
OP
Krab

Krab

Full Access Member
Reaction score
spend the $100 on some hood mounts and that will open up a bunch of options for you.

---------- Post added at 02:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:30 PM ----------

D2's hood mounted and a 22" light barIMG_0203.jpg
I'm not too crazy about the hood mounts, though.
Is is possible to add D2 mounts on the venom bumper? Anyone done this? Now I hear these issues with ADD... I guess I'll have some time to do my research before pulling the trigger on this.

ButterZ3

Reaction score
Best looking set on the net! Going to buy the entire set once my raptor goes to build (Bravo front, Alpha rear, Alpha side steps). Sorry I can't say I have laid eyes on them!

OP
OP
Krab

Krab

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Man guys, those are some good looking bumpers. More options is a good thing. Now I just need to decide which route to go...

OP
OP
Krab

Krab

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dkyle, I took a look at those ICI bumpers, but wasn't too enthused about them.

I ended up placing my order for a ADD venom front bumper earlier today. I'll post up pics once I receive and install it. I'll be mounting my D2's on the outer ends of the bumper. We'll see how it turns out. Can't wait to receive the bumper!