which bump stop kit did you go with???

which bump stop kit did you go with(non RPG)

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ICONRep

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
In this pic you can see the icons bump stop is placed lower than normal because the under sprung set up

The mounts or bumpstops are not placed lower here. Krazy House was able to remove the slip over bumpstop spacer, thus moving the bumpstop up in the mount, with the use of this cantilever set up which allows additional uptravel. We specifically designed our kit to offer maximum available travel when custom set ups like this or simple bed cages with through bed shock mounts are installed.

canamds450

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The mounts or bumpstops are not placed lower here. Krazy House was able to remove the slip over bumpstop spacer, thus moving the bumpstop up in the mount, with the use of this cantilever set up which allows additional uptravel. We specifically designed our kit to offer maximum available travel when custom set ups like this or simple bed cages with through bed shock mounts are installed.

Thanks for your answer, i want to know if the bump stops comes with a pre set adjustment already for the 3.0 suspension or do you have to test and tune it after installation?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ICONRep

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks for your answer, i want to know if the bump stops comes with a pre set adjustment already for the 3.0 suspension or do you have to test and tune it after installation?

They are pre-tuned and will suffice most needs with OE 2.5's or 3.0 bypass shocks of any brand. If for any reason you need adjustments this can be done usually with nitrogen charge adjustment, or if need be fluid level & valving. At the point of extreme use requirements you would get with Dylan or Kris at our shop and they will help dial you in.

justvettn

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Good question, I assume they are engineered to work best with the Icon 3.0 shocks which have an internal bump stop in them already.
Just wondering, I imagine that you would be less likely to hit the factory bump stop with the Icon 3.0 shocks with built in bumpstop and greater dampening. How bad of a hit would it take to go past the built in bumpstop.

Raptor_Kx250

Reaction score
Rpg, i think is better than the sleeve tight mechanism who others has on their bump stop kit, because it doesnt move anywhere with its top mount
esa9ejet.jpg

I don't understand why people think there something wrong with the pinch style vs the the style bolted from the top? All that holds the RPG bump in is the nut on the top if that nut were to come loose what happens to the bump?, and all the force is put on that top cap when they go into compression .... In the pinch style like outlaw and icon set ups there is a mechined lip on the bump that bottoms on the mount, it WILL NOT go past that lip. Also you have to spread the mount to get the bumps installed, you could remove the bolts and you still can't pull the bump out without spreading the mount to take them out. The force from compression is transferred through the whole mount.

Another thing is the mounts themself, the RPG kit does not fully box the frame, so their mount really only has one upright per side to bend if you were to have a extream impact, probably why that kit failed in the earlier post. The outlaw and icon kits both box the frame with plates on both the inside and outside, we all know it would be harder to bend two upright pieces of steal vs one.

Gilligan

Reaction score
Is anyone running an RPG stage 2 with King bumps and stock leafs/block? Im trying to figure out if the bump stop strike pad needs modified by welding an extension pad onto it or not

Jordan@Apollo-Optics

aka <b><font color='darkorange'>LSUstang05</font><
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I don't understand why people think there something wrong with the pinch style vs the the style bolted from the top? All that holds the RPG bump in is the nut on the top if that nut were to come loose what happens to the bump?, and all the force is put on that top cap when they go into compression .... In the pinch style like outlaw and icon set ups there is a mechined lip on the bump that bottoms on the mount, it WILL NOT go past that lip. Also you have to spread the mount to get the bumps installed, you could remove the bolts and you still can't pull the bump out without spreading the mount to take them out. The force from compression is transferred through the whole mount.

Another thing is the mounts themself, the RPG kit does not fully box the frame, so their mount really only has one upright per side to bend if you were to have a extream impact, probably why that kit failed in the earlier post. The outlaw and icon kits both box the frame with plates on both the inside and outside, we all know it would be harder to bend two upright pieces of steal vs one.

I've had some really big "Oh Shit" moments where I thought I possibly damaged something with RPG bumps. Nothing happened. I don't know the circumstances to the failed RPG kit, but without further investigation you can't rule anything out. Could've been a bad weld, could've been bad material in that kit, could've been it wasn't torqued down correctly. The fact is I don't think we can tell without more information. There are plenty of people running RPG with zero issues. My personal opinion is if you are running hard enough to fail the kit and bend the frame inwards, you have A LOT more problems to worry about than just that.

I have pictures of all the supposed bump stop failures but don't care to share them because nobody knows the circumstances of why they failed. Had them for a while. Don't care enough to stir up trouble about it.

Keep in mind though, the bump kits that experienced failures have been on more trucks and have been on the market the longest. I think all of them can fail if the owner of the truck runs out of talent. It's just metal.

Exactly this. Anything can fail and it's dependent on a multitude of different factors.

D

Deleted member 12951

Is anyone running an RPG stage 2 with King bumps and stock leafs/block? Im trying to figure out if the bump stop strike pad needs modified by welding an extension pad onto it or not

Looking through the thread it looks like tbone. Not sure about his leafs though