Where to get my windshield replaced?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have never been able to get safelite to replace a windshield, and I’ve tried a few times now. The first time I tried, they quoted me a 3 MONTH wait to replace the windshield in my wife’s s00b. went local, got it done in a few days. She had another one replaced, again, safelite was too long a wait - but it was down to weeks, not months.

When I had the Rap windshield done, I scheduled with safelite, called them, confirmed they had my glass, got there, and confirmed that they did not, in fact, have the correct glass. Another 5-7 days.

Got it fixed locally in 2 days same price.
Mine was a also about 5 bills, and no camera recalibration. If you do manage got get safelite to do the work, they do have the recalibration equipment. Allegedly.

I would NEVER let Safelite do my glass. Go to whichever local independent shop has the best reputation. Ask at a high end body shop who they use. Safelite has SOME good installers and if you are lucky you may get a great install. You also may have some dork kid with little experience that has no idea what he's doing and doesn't give a crap about his work, show up at your house. The main company goal of Safelite is a fast install. I don't like rolling the dice on who Safelite decides to send out to do my work.