Where to get my windshield replaced?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CHMP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Last year I had a bad chip repaired on the passenger side. A week ago I took another serious rock strike and after inspecting it and the previous chip I realized the repair was falling apart and webbing out.

Time to get the whole windshield replaced. Where have you guys had good luck? OEM is the only way I'll go since from what I understand this windshield is pretty complex. Apparently the blindspot monitoring system is wired into it and it has some kind of fancy acoustic deadening material sandwiched in it as well.

MyRaptorLife

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Last year I had a bad chip repaired on the passenger side. A week ago I took another serious rock strike and after inspecting it and the previous chip I realized the repair was falling apart and webbing out.

Time to get the whole windshield replaced. Where have you guys had good luck? OEM is the only way I'll go since from what I understand this windshield is pretty complex. Apparently the blindspot monitoring system is wired into it and it has some kind of fancy acoustic deadening material sandwiched in it as well.

The dealership might be your best bet really.

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If you don't mind me asking, what did it run you?
Was a hair under $500 installed for OEM glass. Here in CA there is no, no deductible glass coverage - at least I dont have it. My deductible is $500 so... The guy did an awesome job. What I will say though, it should have been $800 with the camera recalibration. So the recal is $300. When my new windshield was installed, he hooked the computer up and it said the calibration was fine and didn't need any adjustment so it was only $500. Of course, the most I'd have paid was $500 regardless.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
I have never been able to get safelite to replace a windshield, and I’ve tried a few times now. The first time I tried, they quoted me a 3 MONTH wait to replace the windshield in my wife’s s00b. went local, got it done in a few days. She had another one replaced, again, safelite was too long a wait - but it was down to weeks, not months.

When I had the Rap windshield done, I scheduled with safelite, called them, confirmed they had my glass, got there, and confirmed that they did not, in fact, have the correct glass. Another 5-7 days.

Got it fixed locally in 2 days same price.
Mine was a also about 5 bills, and no camera recalibration. If you do manage got get safelite to do the work, they do have the recalibration equipment. Allegedly.

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have never been able to get safelite to replace a windshield, and I’ve tried a few times now. The first time I tried, they quoted me a 3 MONTH wait to replace the windshield in my wife’s s00b. went local, got it done in a few days. She had another one replaced, again, safelite was too long a wait - but it was down to weeks, not months.

When I had the Rap windshield done, I scheduled with safelite, called them, confirmed they had my glass, got there, and confirmed that they did not, in fact, have the correct glass. Another 5-7 days.

Got it fixed locally in 2 days same price.
Mine was a also about 5 bills, and no camera recalibration. If you do manage got get safelite to do the work, they do have the recalibration equipment. Allegedly.
Damn son. Safelite here is the shizzle. And yes they do have calibration equipment - it's just a fancy laptop that plugs into the OBD2 port, it may even be an ipad?

Donmatteo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Was a hair under $500 installed for OEM glass. Here in CA there is no, no deductible glass coverage - at least I dont have it. My deductible is $500 so... The guy did an awesome job. What I will say though, it should have been $800 with the camera recalibration. So the recal is $300. When my new windshield was installed, he hooked the computer up and it said the calibration was fine and didn't need any adjustment so it was only $500. Of course, the most I'd have paid was $500 regardless.
Gieco has a glass deductible. It’s been waived a few times too.

I’ve used it .....a lot

https://www.geico.com/claims/glass-claims-guide/