Where Should We Have Our Next Raptor Round-up?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SVTRay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Mike McNellis? Sorry dor not knowing who you are Mike. Maybe a "where do you live" poll should be attacthed to this thread lol

Don't quote me but I believe Mike McNellis works in the Advertising department for for Ford Motor Company.

The Tank

FRF Addict
Reaction score
6 of the top 10 Raptor dealerships are in AZ, NM, and NV.

But there are East Coast Raptors. I don't have a problem with driving to the West Coast for a Raptor event but 1 day is not worth the drive well tow I'm not driving the Raptor when I have and F-350 with a PSD. But I think Texas, Oklahoma, or Kansas is reasonable for including East Coast owners.

Mike McNellis

Ford Rep
Reaction score
But there are East Coast Raptors. I don't have a problem with driving to the West Coast for a Raptor event but 1 day is not worth the drive well tow I'm not driving the Raptor when I have and F-350 with a PSD. But I think Texas, Oklahoma, or Kansas is reasonable for including East Coast owners.

The Round Up in June was funded (90%+) by the local dealerships. There needs to be a critical mass of Raptor owners, potential Raptor owners, and support at the dealer level for the event. There are tons of Raptor fans all over the country, but you need a group of dealers who will work together and pony up the money.

sweetride

Reaction score
yea ok let me go ask every guy i see with a raptor to meet me in a parking lot for a pic, easy to tell them apart when they all have differnt mods on them and are differnt colors

BentToast

FRF Addict
Reaction score
kitten-with-hands-up-gun-pointed-at-it1.jpg

If you say so, I just find that very hard to believe since I have only seen 5 Raptor in my lifetime including mine

Aaanyway what mods and why arent they on svto?

The Tank

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The Round Up in June was funded (90%+) by the local dealerships. There needs to be a critical mass of Raptor owners, potential Raptor owners, and support at the dealer level for the event. There are tons of Raptor fans all over the country, but you need a group of dealers who will work together and pony up the money.

With the mark up these *******s are putting on Raptors and GT500s they could fund an event like Mustang Week by themselves.

NoCaDiver

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It sounds like the Round-Up benefits three groups: FoMoCo, Dealers and Owners. Now I don't know which order takes precedence but if Ford threw in some more change ($$, it is still advertising right?) and the owner's threw in some change (though not a lot since you already received our $50K), then maybe the Raptor Round-Up avenue could open up a little more.

Since you have two top-10 dealers in FL you could have one there, have those two dealers onboard, make it a two day event with one day being a ride to/through Daytona Beach. The last I heard, but have not checked, you could still drive on Daytona Beach (this could be a could or bad thing, depends on the responsibility level of the Raptor owners). The second day could be held in some public offroad area, I don't know of any since I do not live there.

It's stil a 10+ hour drive for me to get to Daytona so it is not in my backyard.

If none of this works then maybe there should be a location poll placed on both Raptor forums in order to find out where your Raptor owners are at, and not where your top dealers are.

This is my last stand, my last idea, my last attempt to have more Raptor owners included in a Round-Up.

Thanks for your time.

ab333

Reaction score
Again just my .02 but another response hit it right on the head with "potential Raptor owners". I don't have 1 and would see these as a real shakedown to be able to spend sometime around the vehicle and see it's potential in person and be around others who have. I have not seen any around me and probably won't given dealer in the area(Chattanooga,Tn) not knowing anything about the trucks. I even had a bad experience trying to find Born in Baja dvd. Mark the marketing guy gave me some suggestions but they(dealer) had no clue.

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I even had a bad experience trying to find Born in Baja dvd. Mark the marketing guy gave me some suggestions but they(dealer) had no clue.

If you want a copy of the Born in Baja DVD post up here and someone will come to your aid. I know there was at least one person who made some copies and sent them out.