Wheel Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bstoner59

does it come in shmedium?
Reaction score
move the perch you can always put it back. I need to get my alignment done so I'm moving the perch when they do that.

NoCaDiver

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Personally, I also don't like the fact that the leveling kit requires you cut the studs to install. (as bstoner59 said "irreversible") I would go with moving the lower spring perch up one notch if I wanted to level. Also, with moving the spring perch you won't get into any of the rubbing problems mentioned and you can easily go back to stock..

I've got the leveling kit on my Raptor and that is the first I have heard of cutting the studs. Not calling bstoner a liar, I'm just saying I've never heard of it. I guess we'll find out when I ask the dealership to take it off.

BigJ

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I've got the leveling kit on my Raptor and that is the first I have heard of cutting the studs. Not calling bstoner a liar, I'm just saying I've never heard of it. I guess we'll find out when I ask the dealership to take it off.
I thought I'd read cutting was required as well. I have no direct knowledge though.

Why ya taking it off NC? Not happy with it?

KaiserM715

Kaiser Söze
Reaction score
I thought I'd read cutting was required as well. I have no direct knowledge though.

The instructions on the Truxxx website say to cut the three mounting studs on the strut shorter

http://www.truxxx.com/pdf/105011.pdf

"Important: After Truxxx cap has been mounted to
the strut, the excess factory studs will need to be
cut 1/4" above the nut to allow for installation
clearance."

NoCaDiver

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Why ya taking it off NC? Not happy with it?

I don't drive it enough to not be happy with it. Figured I might try the "perch" method but if the bolts are cut then they're cut. In the end it makes no difference to me. Unfortunately the closest thing I'll get to offroading is driving on our local beaches.

OP
OP
RIKU

RIKU

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So Leveling Kit or Perch adjustment?

NoCaDiver, Have you noticed any rubbing, what size are your tires and wheels?

Im going 20x10 wheels on Toyo M/T's.

With the perch adjustment how much higher can the truck go? Im looking for a good 2".

Also what type of settings and where can I get instructions on how to do this. I figure I need to give the guys at 4wheel parts some sort of info on how the perch adjustment is done.

bstoner59

Reaction score
I believe 4 wheel mag had a how-to on this?? As far as i know all that you need to do is compress the spring remove the allen screw and move the perch up to the 2nd or 3rd notch...not sure what each position gets you in terms of overall lift. There are three posinitions on the shock body and the stock setting is the lowest. I'm not sure if there is 2" in the adjustment but there may be. Try it if it doesn't get you what you like put the leveling kit on.

bstoner59

Reaction score
it's only going to rub if you are at full-droop...the wheels have to be off the ground. if you aren't going to be doing serious offroading where you are using all the travel of the suspension it shouldn't be am issue

MarkT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Here's the article:

http://www.fourwheeler.com/roadtest...ptor_first_drive/features_specifications.html

Four Wheeler Mag Wrote:
Level It Out
Like all factory pickups, the Raptor comes from the factory with a nose-down or "stink bug" stance. For those who don't plan on loading up the bed, we think that a leveled Raptor would be more appealing from a styling standpoint, as well as a functional one as it would increase the approach angle. As we were examining the cut-away of the front Fox shocks, we noticed a curious "manufacturing artifact." Hidden behind the spring perch appears to be a little present left by the team at Fox Racing Shox. Shown here by the arrows, the factory Raptor shocks have three detents with a wire clip. We surmise that you could level out the Raptor without ever taking the shocks off the truck. All you would need is a coil spring compressor and some common hand tools. The middle detent appears to be enough to level the Raptor, while the second one is there for those who want a nose-high stance. Now, you are on your own if you make the mod and we can't vouch for any warranty claims, but the option appears to be there. Thanks Fox!
129_0912_08_z+2010_ford_f150_svt_raptor+shocks_wire_clip.jpg