Wheel fitment issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

blkjaxx

Reaction score
Hey guys,
I just got a set of Worx Havocs which is at the dealer right now getting put on. They called to say that they put a wheel on and there is very little space (paper thin) between the wheel and the caliper (I think that's what they said had a child talking to me at same time).

They said if it was them they wouldn't put the wheels on.

Folks with experience with this can you chime in? I got a +25 offset as I like the wheels not sticking out.

below are the specs

802 Havoc Black
802-7935SB+25 17x9 6 +25 6-135, 6-5.5 106.1mm

Thoughts?

Forgot to mention my truck is a 2011.

Last edited:

pat'sRAPTOR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It could be that the thickness of the wheels outer walls are thicker than normal wheels so it is sitting closer to the caliper. You shouldn't have to worry about it cause the wheels not going to move and your caliper shouldn't move either so in reality it shouldn't contact each other but at your truck and your call on it

banman12

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Those wheels are still going to stick out about 3/4" farther than the stock wheels, just so you know. They will also have 10mm less inner clearance, due to the 9" wheel. As far as the space between the wheel and the caliper, my Method's are very close too, surprising at first, but has never been an issue for me. 17" wheel should be fine, that's why we can't put 16" wheels on our trucks. If the dealer is saying the wheel is very close to some other suspension component, then that's a different story. Anyone else with 9" wheels and +25 offsets?

OP
OP
B

blkjaxx

Reaction score
Thanks for the info Pat. I'm with you on the thought process in that neither should move.

---------- Post added at 07:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:31 PM ----------

Thanks Banman. I do realize it will stick out some. Just wanted to keep it under an inch. However I'm a novice at all the wheel specs.

pat'sRAPTOR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
There are some threads in the wheel and tire section that explain the offsets as all that stuff about wheels