Different Wheel Setup

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reptar_RaptoR

Reaction score
Hey all. Been lurking on the forum for a while and have searched but haven't been able to find an answer. I bought a 2017 a few months back and am wanting to change the wheel setup. When I bought the truck, it had 22in fuel wheels with a 35x12.50 ridge grappler and I think the model is D251 "Nutz". I believe the specs are 22x10 with a -13 offset from what I have been able to find. I am wanting to go to a 17x8.5 with either a 0 or possibly a -18 offset. I know from other threads mentioning offset, a method wheel with a 0 offset will be flush with the fender. The wheel that I have now sticks out a few inches past the fender. With the wheel that I'm looking at buying being a 0 or -18, will it stick out further than what I have now if I went with the -18 or will the difference in width (10in vs 8.5in) change how the offset has the wheel sit? The wheel I am looking at is the CXA Offroad Sprint. Has anyone had any experience with them before? There is no way or ordering from their website and only has dealers in CA listed. Their contact us link only has email as an option. The lack of contact info and ordering ability has me wondering if this place is legit or not.

CleverGirl_

Cabin Clown
Reaction score
Hey all. Been lurking on the forum for a while and have searched but haven't been able to find an answer. I bought a 2017 a few months back and am wanting to change the wheel setup. When I bought the truck, it had 22in fuel wheels with a 35x12.50 ridge grappler and I think the model is D251 "Nutz". I believe the specs are 22x10 with a -13 offset from what I have been able to find. I am wanting to go to a 17x8.5 with either a 0 or possibly a -18 offset. I know from other threads mentioning offset, a method wheel with a 0 offset will be flush with the fender. The wheel that I have now sticks out a few inches past the fender. With the wheel that I'm looking at buying being a 0 or -18, will it stick out further than what I have now if I went with the -18 or will the difference in width (10in vs 8.5in) change how the offset has the wheel sit? The wheel I am looking at is the CXA Offroad Sprint. Has anyone had any experience with them before? There is no way or ordering from their website and only has dealers in CA listed. Their contact us link only has email as an option. The lack of contact info and ordering ability has me wondering if this place is legit or not.
Lets see the truck, and where in TN?

Nex

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
Welcome to FRF. Please post pictures of said prius with re donkuless wheels...

As far as your wheel choice, I would look for a different option. No easy communication before you buy tells me even less communication after if you need support or replacement parts.

OP
OP
Reptar_RaptoR

Reptar_RaptoR

Reaction score
Welcome to FRF. Please post pictures of said prius with re donkuless wheels...

As far as your wheel choice, I would look for a different option. No easy communication before you buy tells me even less communication after if you need support or replacement parts.
Here's a picture of the prius.

I figured that would be the answer on the wheels. Was trying to find something different than the typical methods, but at least with those I know what I'm getting.

Attachments

• 20230906_161719.jpg
    20230906_161719.jpg
    317.6 KB · Views: 83
OP
OP
Reptar_RaptoR

Reptar_RaptoR

Reaction score
Here are my zero offset 105 Methods. 17x8 with 37s.

View attachment 422844
This is essentially what I'm looking for. I don't think it looks bad now with the offset, I just have no idea what it actually is. I'm also throwing around the idea of going to a 37 when I do new wheels, but am seeing various opinions on what needs to be done to the truck to run them. The truck is my daily and will likely never be used the way that it's meant to be. It has RPG collars in the front and Deaver +3s in the rear. Are 37s really that hard to make work without redoing the front suspension?

Nex

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
This is essentially what I'm looking for. I don't think it looks bad now with the offset, I just have no idea what it actually is. I'm also throwing around the idea of going to a 37 when I do new wheels, but am seeing various opinions on what needs to be done to the truck to run them. The truck is my daily and will likely never be used the way that it's meant to be. It has RPG collars in the front and Deaver +3s in the rear. Are 37s really that hard to make work without redoing the front suspension?

37s are not bad but you do need to trim the fenders, liners and pinch weld mod. Regardless if 37s or not, I would look at replacing the front coils instead of the collars. Get a better ride. You already have good leaf springs. I ran 37s as a daily until I got the OBS to daily.

OP
OP
Reptar_RaptoR

Reptar_RaptoR

Reaction score
37s are not bad but you do need to trim the fenders, liners and pinch weld mod. Regardless if 37s or not, I would look at replacing the front coils instead of the collars. Get a better ride. You already have good leaf springs. I ran 37s as a daily until I got the OBS to daily.
Would you recommend eibachs or geiser for a spring upgrade?