What would it take for YOU to... (3 questions for you)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cbs001

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't even think twice of driving for this as long as its a multi-day event.
Don't need much of an excuse to hit Moab or Vegas along the way.
Would love to hit Death Valley.

Az Scooter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
4.5 hours, and I would be in.
I do think some of the areas around Phoenix-Mesa would give a competitive run.

RangerRob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It takes me 1 hour and 20 minutes to get to Ocotillo from my house. I'm out there pretty much every other weekend during Dezert season.
I'm always down for a trip out!

-Rob

Labraptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
1903 miles 1 day and 5 hours drive time. Love the way Google maps lists it as day plus 5 hours. Sounds better than 29 hours or a long ass time would I guess.

For me to go to So Cal I would need a lot of advance notice and family friendly would help a lot. Lots of off road time. Most likely would also require somewhat reasonable price to ship my truck both ways. I can't justify that much drive time both ways.

If all the stars aligned I would say most any fall or winter month except January.

sonoma

Dispatch
Supporting Member
FRF Lady
Reaction score
I hope that we can plan events so all of you can join.

Even though I live in CA I think we can plan some good events that many of the Raptor family can join:

* Well planned + advance notice
* Sightseeing + family friendly pit stops (Vegas, beaches, group camping)
* Vendors / Off road shops participation-- mods, products and knowledgeable peers
* Three to four day event
* Organizing co-drivers + convoys from major cities
* Ridealongs and demos for beginners
* Free stuff -- stickers, shirts, sponsored drinks or food
* Off-road trail riding expeditions -- during the days of the events and with different experience levels

Seems like there are a few runs that are ongoing in 2014 that might fit some of these requirements but there is always room to add to them ( and I'd be more than willing to help organize/get events together)

If you're like me....this would be a family vacation worth spending timexmoneyxeffort on.