What wires are these?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What is strange to me is, if this is a 14, did it come from the factory that way? You are the original owner Sashishimo correct? Why would the factory use wire taps and duct tape?
the duct tape is oem. many car manufacturers use it to hold plastic clips to secure the wires to the vehicle. for the t taps, a lot of dealers (at the request of the finance company) will put some sort of tracking device or starter kill before the vehicle is delivered. this is to prevent you from being able to start your vehicle if you dont pay your bill, or if they are going to repo your vehicle. mostly see it on new, used cars with people with not so good credit. not sure why they would put it in this truck. the credit score necessary to finance one of these things is enough to prove you are in good standings.

The Car Stereo Company

Supporting Member
Reaction score
since i am always taking vehicles apart, i see things most people dont. it can be a gm, mercedes, bmw, lamborghini, etc.... there is always some form of duct tape, cloth tape and/or electrical tape to hold those connectors on.

phydough

FRF Addict
Reaction score
since i am always taking vehicles apart, i see things most people dont. it can be a gm, mercedes, bmw, lamborghini, etc.... there is always some form of duct tape, cloth tape and/or electrical tape to hold those connectors on.

You get lots of experience when you run your own chop shop, Busa.

It has to be a little exciting when you get to rip into a brand new Lambo. And nerve racking that it all has to work again. :think:

The Car Stereo Company

Supporting Member
Reaction score
the door speakers arent fun......... and what can i say? having worked on so many vehicles throughout the years you eventually see that all vehicles are put together the same way.

OP
OP
sashishimo

sashishimo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The t taps were from the dealer installed gps tracker. I wasn't a fan of having my vehicle location/speed/routes being known to a ton of 3rd parties. Was just a privacy issue for me so i decided to unplug.

I was more or less worried that the t taps caused damage to the underlying wire, but I'm over seas so Ill have to wait a few months before taking em off. I guess even if damage was caused by the taps, I could always have someone solder the broken strands correct? It just bugs me knowing they are there haha, don't ask why.

Anyhow…had a fam member take the first two pics and he had one more. It shows a little better angle of the smaller wire. sorry its a little dark. Looks to me to be in the one of the bottom 4 or 6 pins.

Attachments

• raptor3.jpg
    raptor3.jpg
    14.8 KB · Views: 42

KYmxracer52

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Where are they usually installed at? When mine comes in, I guess I'll be tearing it down to see if it has one. A person should smash it up real good and mail back to the dealership.