What wires are these?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sashishimo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can someone tell me what wires these are, and what purpose they serve? Drivers side kick panel, panel is covering parking brake. If removed this is where they are located. You can see each wire below, with a t tap installed on each one. One tap is red, the other is yellow. In the pic on the left, it may be hard to see what color wire the yellow tap is on….I believe it is bright orange. Other small wire looks orange to me too.

Id greatly appreciate if someone who had a wiring diagram, or knowledge of what wires these are can post their purpose. If you also know what size they are. Id like to take the taps off and tape around them, but I'm worried that the taps may have cut some of the wire and if i remove, it'll end up doing more harm than good. Any suggestions? or should I just leave in place.

Attachments

• raptorwiring1.jpg
    raptorwiring1.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 116
  • raptor wiring2.jpg
    raptor wiring2.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 135
Last edited:

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i will check into what wires they are. most likely they are ignition/power. as for removing the taps, there shouldnt be any issue. its fairly easy to remove them. they are designed to cut the insulation of the wire to allow the metal to touch the wire inside. once i get to the shop, i will take a look and let you know.

OP
OP
sashishimo

sashishimo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i will check into what wires they are. most likely they are ignition/power. as for removing the taps, there shouldnt be any issue. its fairly easy to remove them. they are designed to cut the insulation of the wire to allow the metal to touch the wire inside. once i get to the shop, i will take a look and let you know.

Thank ya sir, much appreciated!

OP
OP
sashishimo

sashishimo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
BTW, didn't even notice that you are in mountain view! Im down the road in walnut creek. I wrk overseas, but when I return Ill deff be stopping by to talk some possible audio upgrades/alarm.

The Car Stereo Company

Supporting Member
Reaction score
the one with the yellow tap is a constant 12v. i could not find that other wire color in that harness you have. it seems the wire color changed by year. i will look into it tomorrow when i have another truck to look at. my 14 doesnt have that color in that location

OP
OP
sashishimo

sashishimo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the one with the yellow tap is a constant 12v. i could not find that other wire color in that harness you have. it seems the wire color changed by year. i will look into it tomorrow when i have another truck to look at. my 14 doesnt have that color in that location

I have a 14 as well….hmm.. well thank you for the update. I guess the other would be an accessory wire?

are either draining any power when not in use?

Thanks again sir

The Car Stereo Company

Supporting Member
Reaction score
nope. it is not causing any additional current draw. if you can get another pic of the second wire maybe from a distance so i can see its location better i may be able to find it. but my guess is that it is an ign/acc.

and definitely stop in when you get back. we take care of our military personnel.

phydough

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You might want to remove the duct tape and see whats going on under there as well.

Bill_C

Reaction score
What is strange to me is, if this is a 14, did it come from the factory that way? You are the original owner Sashishimo correct? Why would the factory use wire taps and duct tape?