What to get FX4 or Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cleave

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The raptor will have softer suspension than your brother's fx4, you'll think back about your old truck and laugh at yourself for even thinking the raptor would be anything like it once you go for that first drive

Get.
The.
Raptor.

Macman

FRF Addict
Reaction score
When I bought my Raptor I originally intended to get an FX4 but knew I would always wish I had of spent a bit more to get the Raptor.

JB 2014 Raptor SCrew

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have an 05 screw withe the 5.4 modes are dull SPAL 16" fans on aluminium shroud, TC upper arms and Icon coil-over fronts (2.5") and the slandered 2" rears. Withe 33 tiers.
My brother just bout an FX4 the fully loaded one and I drove it. It is much softer than my setup.
The raptor should be more like mine but butter, a lot better I guess.

You want the Raptor

When I bought my Raptor I originally intended to get an FX4 but knew I would always wish I had of spent a bit more to get the Raptor.

x2 I'm glad Ford had ****** incentives on '14s back in January My intention was to order a '14 EB FX4 and lease it for 2 years and then buy a '16 FX4 I'm glad their lease offers sucked balls back then. Not that the FX4 is a ****** truck because they aren't at all, but the Raptor is just so much better. I cant wait til next month :cheers:

OP
OP
Shiny

Shiny

Reaction score
Ok what is the issues in the raptor?
Like what to watch out for, what to do to improve reliability, what not to do?

Jordan@Apollo-Optics

aka <b><font color='darkorange'>LSUstang05</font><
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Depends on how hard you want to push it.

Biggest weak point: Rear frame at the bump stops. You hit a washout or whoops going to fast and get the dreaded donkey kick, you run a pretty real chance of bending the frame. Easy fix though...just buy a bump stop/frame reinforcement kit (ADD, Outlaw, SDHQ (I think), RPG, SVC, ICON all offer kits)

Mad Max

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was originally in the market for a FX4 or FX4-Tremor, but after comparing them to the Raptor, it was a easy choice. Just the Raptor resale value was enough to make it a logical decision.

No Raptor owner will ever say on their deathbed, "I wish I had gotten that FX4".

JB 2014 Raptor SCrew

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was originally in the market for a FX4 or FX4-Tremor, but after comparing them to the Raptor, it was a easy choice. Just the Raptor resale value was enough to make it a logical decision.

No Raptor owner will ever say on their deathbed, "I wish I had gotten that
FX4".

I wish I would have gottten the FX4 instead of the Raptor, said no one ever :cheers: