Am I going to Be Disappointed?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

G23crawler

Reaction score
Long story short, I am selling my entire race setup. 22 F350 DRW loaded, 2022 34ft loaded race trailer, 700hp Ultra4 Race car. Once everything is sold a new Raptor has always been on the top of my list. Unfortunately I'm afraid after spending 80k on a new one I am going to be disapointed in the power and off-road capabilities the 80k gets me. Im wondering if im not better off buying a normal f150 and using the rest of my budget to build a dedicated offroad vehicle. Has anyone came from the dedicated offroad world and been happy with a new one? My plan is to start enjoying life and not stress over racing for awhile. Want to start doing trails, camping trips, overland stuff but still bomb the desert and have fun down in baja. Thanks!8F0CC319-FA8A-4B4F-A868-6AF9F79BB350.JPG

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Welcome to FRF!

Your use case sounds in line with Raptor capabilities. Standard Rap is good for about a high 13/14 flat quarter mile if that gives you any indication. You can do a whole lot with it for sure, but, you can also go too far. If you can’t leave well enough alone, look to some of our users who do a lot - @KentSD --uses-- his Raptors. We have few others who have put the truck through its paces.

If you are someone who needs a bunch of power, but you don’t want to drop 6 figures and wait 2 years for a Raptor R, look for a tuned ecoboost truck. Lots of guys on here with trucks tuned long term and if done correctly they’ll last a long time and still deliver more power.

See what some of the other users come back with for more perspective.

CleverGirl_

Cabin Clown
Reaction score
Off of this "Want to start doing trails, camping trips, overland stuff but still bomb the desert and have fun down in baja" a raptor will do very well. Just dont ask it to tow.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khunter