What to get FX4 or Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Shiny

Reaction score
Hi I am shopping for any truck.
I have a chose of brand new FX4 withe the 5.0 fully loaded, or a used raptor 2010 or 11 maybe a12 (the off-roading season is over) if I am lucky for the same price rang.
What is the prose and cones of both.
It will be daily drive occasional off-roading and I don't abuse it when I do go to the desert.

Last edited:

ZBoater

FRF Addict
Reaction score
For your use, I'd weigh a new one heavily because of warranty. If you can get a Raptor with at least 1 year/12K miles warranty left, I'd consider it. But you have to be careful with used Raptors to make sure they weren't abused. I obviously chose the Raptor because having a bad ass truck was important to me, and I knew if I bought something else (a brand new Tundra Crewmax was the same price) I would always be looking back. I was able to find a 2013 that was certified pre owned by Ford, which gives me an extra year and 12K mikes bumper to bumper warranty, and let's me buy a ESP up to 9 years and 125K mikes. I pulled the trigger and couldn't be happier. It's my DD and it's great. And it's what I wanted.

OP
OP
Shiny

Shiny

Reaction score
Will when it hers 40 C in the night withe 80% humidity trust me it is.
Welcome to the United Arab Emirates.

JB 2014 Raptor SCrew

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For your use, I'd weigh a new one heavily because of warranty. If you can get a Raptor with at least 1 year/12K miles warranty left, I'd consider it. But you have to be careful with used Raptors to make sure they weren't abused. I obviously chose the Raptor because having a bad ass truck was important to me, and I knew if I bought something else (a brand new Tundra Crewmax was the same price) I would always be looking back. I was able to find a 2013 that was certified pre owned by Ford, which gives me an extra year and 12K mikes bumper to bumper warranty, and let's me buy a ESP up to 9 years and 125K mikes. I pulled the trigger and couldn't be happier. It's my DD and it's great. And it's what I wanted.

^^^^^^^ this :cheers:

I had a 2011 FX4 with the 5.0l loved that truck but now have a Raptor and have no regrets. Ps the off road season is never over.

I'm going from the same truck to a Raptor. Absolutely LOVE my '11 FX4 5.0 , but the Raptor is just so much better.

Will when it hers 40 C in the night withe 80% humidity trust me it is.
Welcome to the United Arab Emirates.

That's what A/C is for

Have you driven both yet? One drive is all it will take- TRUST ME.

OP
OP
Shiny

Shiny

Reaction score
I have an 05 screw withe the 5.4 modes are dull SPAL 16" fans on aluminium shroud, TC upper arms and Icon coil-over fronts (2.5") and the slandered 2" rears. Withe 33 tiers.
My brother just bout an FX4 the fully loaded one and I drove it. It is much softer than my setup.
The raptor should be more like mine but butter, a lot better I guess.