Get a 17 or pay the extra for 19/20

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Zeusmotorworks

Semi-retired, now just a happy grumpy old man!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Everything being equal, I'd what a 2020. Latest models generally have the least issues. However, as has been said before, maintenance history rules. You couldn't give me another Raptor for free if it had oil changes over 5k miles in it's lifetime. If the owner(s) didn't know enough to reduce the change intervals, what else did they not know/neglect?

OP
OP
ss1le

ss1le

Reaction score
Well I test drove the 18. My wife like it except when I through her against the passanger door doing a U-turn. I really wanted to like driving the truck, but I just didn't jive with it. I know the truck has offroad "baja" type suspension, but I did not expect it to feel so soft. I drove it down the high way then back up through neighborhoods with crappy roads. Seemed like any bump I didn't hit head on made me feel like the rear was disconnected from the road. I guess I attribute that to the long travel shocks, but just felt weird. Also I swear the truck shifted right before I would let up on the throttle, my wife asked me if the engine was missing.

I wanted to love it, I love the look I think the proportions make the truck look awesome. I am a sucker for fender flare coke bottle looks. On a lark I tried out a 2021 F150 XLT FX4 on the lot. The seats actually felt more comfortable, not sure if it was because they were cloth, and I liked the updated interior. It felt like driving a car after driving the raptor. So long story short looks like I am in the hunt for a 2021 Lariat, some weird ass reason most of the ones I see around me are actually from Canada, don't know how I like that but if they have less then 20k they might be okay...

Also in the end it didn't matter, the truck was sold pretty much by the time I got back test driving, Hope someone really enjoys it.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I drove it down the high way then back up through neighborhoods with crappy roads. Seemed like any bump I didn't hit head on made me feel like the rear was disconnected from the road. I guess I attribute that to the long travel shocks, but just felt weird.
That's the crappy rear leaf springs and the (gag) 2" block on the rear axle. Worst thing about the Raptor.

OP
OP
ss1le

ss1le

Reaction score
My brother mentioned maybe tire pressure, but this was all after the fact. I also haven't driven a leaf spring solid axle truck in over two decades, I am spoiled.

OP
OP
ss1le

ss1le

Reaction score
Well that is why I test drove one, found out it is not for me. Sorry my wife has a Tesla not a Prius, but I apparently you take offence to someone rejecting your beloved vehicle. You might even have a stroke to think I would actually preferer a lowered truck with a procharger, but to each his own.

Thanks everyone for the help, I will be on my way now.

Nex

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
Nope, don't care what you drive. I have driven a few lowered prius trucks. (Prius is just what we call anything not a Raptor here).

Both are F150 Harley Davidsons.

20160326_071025.jpg
7036.jpg